MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 4.2.3 / EDITOR 4.2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rain, I will give that a shot!

UPDATE: Tried with a different drive, again it updates fine, but that one screen/button is still stuck waiting for an update.

Attachments

• MMGTB Boot.JPG
    MMGTB Boot.JPG
    306.9 KB · Views: 10
Ok, Ron got in touch. Looks like this is going the need some parts swapped. He's got them coming, so I'll report back when it's back up and running.

Once again, hats off to Ron and RJM for their excellent customer service. Part arrived on time, was a quick install, and I am back in the land of the living. Thank you Ron!

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming (of the MMGT)...

As noted in another thread, everything is up and running just in time for tonights rehearsals. New combiner box installed, so just one 7 pin cable coming from my rack. The new functions are really nice, especially seeing the tempo and tuner on the MMGT itself. Still a ways to go, but I do have one functional page going with all my "have to have" functions working.

Hi all. Question.
I use the GT22 in the mode "Get presets and scene names".
Now, within one preset, e.g. switching from scene 1 to scene 2, I'd like the Axe3 looper to start recording. And switching from scene 2 to scene 3 I'd like to stop the recording of the looper and start it playing. Now, I got that working by creating two non-global IA looper buttons in that certain preset, which send both scene change and looper start/stop commands. With POLL STATE ON, the scene change is nicely reflected on the bottom row of the GT22.

Howeve, I think a more elegant solution would be to keep using the scene change knobs and have them send (only in that particular preset) some extra CC's. But I could not find a way to do that. As I understand it, that's currently not possible, because the scene change buttons are global. I studied IA linking and CC linking (even in combination with the MIDI Grid block in the Axe) in the 4.2 version of the manual but couldn't figure out a way to get this going yet. So, I need some inspiration! Anybody any ideas? Seems like an evident need to me, so I would expect that others have run into this challenge as well ... any ideas? Thanks!!!

Create a local page for the presets you want to use with looper together with scene control. Avoiding the global scene problem.

Now after 2.03 firmware my GT and AFX3 aren't in sync if I change presets via front panel or Axe Edit. It was working before. Help?

Yes, Ron...thank you very much! The GT is amazing in it's flexibility and yet, one of the most intuitive controllers I have owned.

Happy here, no problem, everything syncs perfectly. Awesome job Ron. Happy Christmas to you and team.

Just finished getting everything set up in advance of the big NYE show next week. The MMGT is the heart of my system. I absolutely could not do my shows without the power of this machine. Thanks, Ron for your support in getting the GT / Axe FX III communications working so perfectly.

Question: just read that the Midi 2.0 specs have been agreed upon ... it was about time! Has been under discussion since 2005 ...
Is there any chance in the foreseeable future that the GT will get an upgrade to this new spec? Would be great.
Thx.

Question: just read that the Midi 2.0 specs have been agreed upon ... it was about time! Has been under discussion since 2005 ...
Is there any chance in the foreseeable future that the GT will get an upgrade to this new spec? Would be great.
Thx.

I have only glanced at the spec, but I would imagine that we would want to support it. It could potentially remove the need for me to write support for most devices, which makes me very happy indeed. However, it's probably going to be a lot of work, and every other manufacturer is going to need to move MIDI 2.0 so we can talk to them, so I think it will be a very slow process.

I have only glanced at the spec, but I would imagine that we would want to support it. It could potentially remove the need for me to write support for most devices, which makes me very happy indeed. However, it's probably going to be a lot of work, and every other manufacturer is going to need to move MIDI 2.0 so we can talk to them, so I think it will be a very slow process.
Yep, will probably take many years, as stated in this vid by an expert in this area.

Hey Ron,

I just wanted to pass along an update. Several months in on the new setup and it has been rock solid. Thanks for all your work and responsiveness to your users. It makes all the difference.

Hey Ron,

I just wanted to pass along an update. Several months in on the new setup and it has been rock solid. Thanks for all your work and responsiveness to your users. It makes all the difference.

Great! Glad to hear it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back