Axe-Fx III FW 3.02 -- Can't fetch preset names?

iaresee

EDIT: PEBKAC! I had Destination Preset set to 0 but was starting from a non-zero preset. The updated values weren't being written to the expected locations in the GT-22. Once I set Destination Preset to match Start Preset everything was as expected!

I'm unable to update presets on my GT-22 with the latest AFIII 3.02 beta 2 firmware release. It'll run through the presets, but after fetch, if I drop into preset select mode on the GT-22 I see <EMPTY> for preset locations that have been filled since the last time I updated the GT-22's preset map.

Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited:
I haven't updated yet since I'm on tour, and this seems like a reason to hold off a little longer.

Mine are showing up but I'm on GT16. I am having a different issue of preset changes auto changing randomly without pressing anything??

Dave

Update: PEBKAC!

I had Destination Preset set to zero instead of setting it to match Start Preset. Once I set it to match everything updated as expected. I was simply writing the data to the wrong preset locations in the GT-22 and hadn't noticed. Derp.

Aha, that has happened to me too, more than once.

@rjmmusic : I think it would be logical for the GT to reset the Start and Destination points at powering on.

I just removed the axefx3 device, and re-added the device, and the "get preset names" function has worked great with no issues so far for me!

@rjmmusic : I think it would be logical for the GT to reset the Start and Destination points at powering on.
+1 to this idea. To be fair, up until now, I've done a full fetch of all preset details from my III every time. This was the first time doing a partial fetch so some inexperience is at play here.

Back