PBC and the Strymon Volante

JNPMusic

Has there been any updates to make the PBC compatible with the Strymon Volante yet?
I was wondering how to access the upper presets... Is it as easy as sending a program #change say 22 to the Volante from the PBC... If anyone has one...How do you program the upper presets?

It will be in the 4.2 release, which won't be out for a few weeks.

You can start with the settings for another Strymon pedal, like the Timeline. Most of the CCs won't work, but it'll set things up to access all 300 presets, and tap and bypass will work.

I have the Strymon Volante working with the PBC but now I need a suggestion on how to store settings in the higher presets.

In order to store settings in higher presets I have to resend that pc. So, if I want to save settings on preset 10 I have to resend/reload preset 10 some how. I already have my second press dedicated to another action. Any suggestions? Do I have to be on preset 9 make the changes and then press preset 10?

The way I've been doing it is to change 2nd press to "Reload" while I'm programming presets, then change it back to whatever I had it on before. Or, if you have a place to put it, you can add an IA button with a PC off:None on:Same action. Turn on Momentary for that button so that it triggers every time you press it.

Otherwise, you do have to start on a different preset, set the Volante to store, then switch to the desired preset.

Had the same issue so I´ve contacted Strymon about this and got the answer:

Currently on Volante, to save to the MIDI PC you are already on, you have to resend the PC again. We are working to change this behavior on the next firmware release so you can just press FAVORITE again once the blue LEDs blink and it will save to the PC you are on.

Now if we can get them to fix the toggling between manual and the current preset you're on that would be great.

I have a question, The Volante manual mentions : "The eight presets associated with the playback and feedback buttons are assigned to
MIDI Program Changes 0-7."
But if i am on preset 1 on the Volante (press Favorite switch and hold and see the first playback led on red) and send MIDI program change 1 with the PBC that should load preset 2 on the Volante, i see the Volante's playback and feedback leds moving, showing a new preset being loaded, but if i press the Favorite switch and hold i still see Playback led 1 being lighted red.
Should i not see Playback led 2 lighted red?

Regards,

From my experience so far I only see the red LED on with a physical favorite preset selected. What I don't like is when you press the favorite switch into manual mode and then back to favorite preset it toggles between the last physical preset pressed and not the current preset you are on..... Say you're on preset 21 and then go into manual mode back to favorite preset... It doesn't go back to 21 it goes the last physical pressed preset...

From my experience so far I only see the red LED on with a physical favorite preset selected. What I don't like is when you press the favorite switch into manual mode and then back to favorite preset it toggles between the last physical preset pressed and not the current preset you are on..... Say you're on preset 21 and then go into manual mode back to favorite preset... It doesn't go back to 21 it goes the last physical pressed preset...

Yes, i think the MIDI and press management of that unit need improvement. Pretty hard to now where you are at when using MIDI program change.

Without a display on the pedal it's impossible to know where you're at, that's when I rely on the PBC. My approach is whatever preset I'm on links to the preset of the volante. Unfortunately that can lead to making a lot of presets. If I have one in particular that I use a lot then I can go and assign it to individual presets through the editor. I've also created a dedicated MIDI page on the PBC so I can scroll through all my MIDI pedals presets, then I save them to that particular preset I'm on in the PBC.

I did the same thing...still when in a rush compare to my H9 and Hx stomp not the greatest. Sounds good though.

Back