Axe-Fx III Output 1 Volume Increment/Decrement?

here is the thing i have set my axe 3 under midi output 1 increment to 1
and the Decrement to 3
down volume works kind of..... it turns down Scene levels and saves it but no luck with scene up
Yes, it's the values on the Scene tab in the OUT1 block that are changed by these controllers.

You should check to see if you have something else on the III responding to CC #1. Alternatively: try CC#4 or 5 or 6 for increment?

I did a system reset on the Axe fx3 no luck can get it to go down in vol not up even if i change the CC#3 to up instead it still dosent work....damn it would be such a great feature to have

I did a system reset on the Axe fx3 no luck can get it to go down in vol not up even if i change the CC#3 to up instead it still dosent work....damn it would be such a great feature to have
Can you run MIDI out from the RJM to something that snoops the MIDI signals and verify it’s sending the right CC and value?

Screen shot of your RJMs switch setup in the editor?

No way of recording the midisignal the weird thing is it works on vol down on both 1,2,3 if i change it on the axe and the MGT but not vol up
i have tryed other switches as well with no luck...

Attachments

• 020619.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I followed this thread since I was having the same issue not getting Vol -/+ to work on my III. After setting the Output 1 Volume Increment to CC 6 and Decrement to CC 5 in the III and then in the MM making an IA button with CC 5 or 6 with the off value to "none" for each and 127 as "on" (pics in early part of this thread) those worked. I ended up setting momentary hold buttons for each and it will increment/decrement volume of the scene selected and auto save the changes on the III. The hold function is under the Preset -/+ in my config. I've attached my config. The settings I use are in the presets tab. Preset 394 "All Glory" is the config you can copy that will have this setup. I didn't realize it would change the scene that was selected and just thought it was overall volume of the preset. Happy to find it is per scene since sometimes I just need a little more or less on one scene. It will increment 1db per push and hold. Let me know if this helps.

Attachments

• 20190608 Config.rjs
    2 MB · Views: 3
I didn't realize it would change the scene that was selected and just thought it was overall volume of the preset.
Yea, the save action executed is the same action as the save button on the front of the unit. So it'll save the state of the blocks and the current scene you're on as the default scene for the preset when you use it.

Yea, the save action executed is the same action as the save button on the front of the unit. So it'll save the state of the blocks and the current scene you're on as the default scene for the preset when you use it.

I realized I didn't explain that well. I didn't realize that the vol inc/dec would be adjustable per scene based on which one was selected within the preset when making the adjustment. I thought it would just adjust scene 1 no matter what. I can adjust the vol of individual scenes within a preset this way.

I was beating my head against a wall trying to get this function to work properly when I finally realised that it's a SCENE output function not an 'overall' (Preset) output function. I was watching my OUTPUT 1 Mixer page while I adjusted the settings and there was no response. When I finally realised and turned to the OUTPUT 1 Scene page...there it was!!! Hooray.

Back