PBC/6x 4CM or In front of AMP

Mtnrunner

I am building a pedalboard that can be used with amps that support 4CM or with effects in front of amp. Therefore, I need to two options:

1) In front of amp:
PBC/6X: OUT --> AMP INPUT

2) 4CM:
6X OUT --> AMP RETURN
6X INS S --> AMP IN
6X INS R --> AMP SEND

I would like to attach connectors or a patch box to the side of my pedal board (with labels) to support both options. Therefore the 6X OUPUT would need to go to two different connectors on the side of the pedalboard.

Q: is there any significant signal degradation by soldering two connectors together? or does somebody make a patch box that would eliminate me from having to use a soldering iron?

Thanks

A bit difficult to decipher what you're asking as you're abbreviating words, so I'll assume you mean cable management via "CM". This will give you a good example of what you're asking to do vs. splitting your signal which you don't want to do as you're suggesting. Though this example is the 10 loop version, the process (and suggestion) is the same.

Friedman makes a box, as does Goodwood Audio. Probably a bunch of other companies, too. The general strategy is to use an interface box as you suggest, then when running only in front of an amp, connect a patch cable between the jacks that would normally connect to the amp input and amp loop send. That'll put all of the effects in a single chain.

I'd recommend a Goodwood Audition box. Not too expensive (I got one for $50 on Reverb), and it will automatically route your signal back to the PBC when nothing is plugged into it.

Goodwood is building a another version of the Audition box that will map PBC OUT, INS S, INS R to AMP IN, SEND, RETURN to support 4CM or Front of AMP modes.

Back