pbc 6x PC devices page

Joe83

Hi,

So I've just gotten the pbc 6x and I'm loving it. Mine looks great in white!

I'm still new to all this stuff. So I've set up a PC DEVICES page so that I can scroll up and down through the presets on my Boss DD500 and H9 when making a new preset.

I know from the video on the Mastermind LT video that on this time of page you can have it configured so that you can hold down two buttons that are assigned to one of the devices - lets say the H9 for example - so that it's bypassed for a given preset that I might be programming.

I'm guessing that in the editor I have to add some kind of secondary hold function to those two buttons for the H9. But I'm not sure how exactly I do this.

Can anyone talk me through an example of how to set this up?

Many thanks in advance,

Joe

Attachments

• rjm pbc 6x.jpeg
    rjm pbc 6x.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 5
The easiest thing to do would be to upgrade to the 4.3 beta, which has the same on-board page editing functions as the LT. You can set a button page to be "Dev PC" type and it will set up everything for you.

But, if you wanted to set it up manually, you would set the button mode to hold, then set up the hold function like this:

Button Type: IA, Send on Preset Change on, Update on Preset Change on, IA Link on, and add a CC Toggle action to the button that controls the bypass function on your pedal.

Hi, thanks for that. But the only firmware upgrade I can see on the website for the PBC 6X is 4.2.1. Where do I get 4.3 beta?

Thanks

Joe

Actually, I don't have a flash drive to hand right now to update the firmware. And I might try doing it manually to learn a bit more about using the editor.

So if you don't mind clarifying.

Are the primary functions of the buttons set to Device PC - and Device PC + ???

Then, I add IA hold functions (as you explain above) as the secondary function of each button?

Or,

Do I set the primary function of those two buttons as IA as you explained above?

Sorry, it's all new and totally confusing to me.

Thanks

Joe

Yes, the primary functions should be set to Device PC + and Device PC -, only the hold function should be IA

Actually the firmware update on the PBC/6X is through the editor program. Super quick and easy.

Back