GT22 Tuner Display with Axe FX III

Dwelltone

Hello,

When I engage my Axe Fx III tuner via my GT22, I will end up tuning sharp if I use the GT22 display (but the GT22 shows in tune). When I'm looking at the III's tuner and I show in tune, it will be flat on the GT22. Is there an adjustment setting that can sync them up?

Thanks!

That's weird... I'm following their MIDI spec. Does anyone else see this?
I should clarify that I'm talking like a few cents off not way sharp. I'll be in the center on the III and have the flat arrow on the GT22 with barely a line showing flat. It's not a huge difference just not exactly the same.

In tune on the GT shows like 1 line, almost 2, sharp on the III

Nope. Things line up perfectly here.
Same for me. I just double-checked it. I'm not sure what could cause this, given that Ron is following Fractal's spec as he stated. It's an interesting puzzle, and I'm a curious nerd :)

Questions for the OP:
  • Does this tuning mis-calibration occur at all times, or is it intermittent?
  • Are you using a custom / sweetened tuning? I'm not sure why this would cause the MIDI messaging to be off, but trying to explore possible causes.
  • Can you see both the GT display and the AxeFX display simultaneously? Is this happening when you can see both screens?
  • Does it occur even when you are not touching your guitar? It's possible that turning / bending to look may be introducing a subtle change in the stress of the neck / body of the guitar.
Please reply with what you find.

This is what it looks like. In the center on GT22 is sharp on III. I'm hitting an open A and only touching tuner. It's only off when it's dead center on GT. For the most part sharp/flat matches. Sorry for low quality pic, the phone focused on the GT.

Standard 440 tuning. Both on latest FW.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190711-231342_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190711-231342_Gallery.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 33
Mine does this as well. During a gig, I don't trust what the tuner displays on my GT16 and I always refer to the Axe Fx 3 screen.

Back