PBC/6X+Hx Stomp setup

Jeremia Berndtsson

Hi!
I am a new user of the RJM products, and I need your help to think... :)

* SETUP 1
Input
L1 - JHS Morning Glory
L2 - Rawkworks Light Overdrive
L3 - Pedal Monsters White Lightning
INS - Dunlop Volume X Mini
L4 - HX Stomp (Stereo)
L5 - Specular Tempus, Delay (Stereo)
L6 - Specular Tempus, Reverb (Stereo)
Output

- I want to use my HX Stomp as my stereo amp+IR setup pre my dual Tempus.
1. Could I just set the HX Stomp in a loop as I have thought, and then go from the PBC output (What cables to I need for a stereo rig?) to a junction box of some kind (Any tips?) and then plug TRS-XLR straight to FOH? (Or how can this be done?)
2. How does the "Sum to mono" function work in this setup if I would like to go straight to my amp at home?
And in this case: Does this sum all song presets in PBC to mono when activated? (Maybe stupid question, but just have to ask, haha.)

* SETUP 2

In this setup I am thinking of putting L1, L2 and L3 into HX Stomps FX Loop, so that I can change my drives position depending on what modulation I send from HX Stomp.
But I want to use my HX Stomp as my stereo amp+IR setup and the amp blocks should go pre dual Tempus..
Can this be done? How?

Would appreciate your help and thoughts on this one. Thanks!

Hi!
I am a new user of the RJM products, and I need your help to think... :)

* SETUP 1
Input
L1 - JHS Morning Glory
L2 - Rawkworks Light Overdrive
L3 - Pedal Monsters White Lightning
INS - Dunlop Volume X Mini
L4 - HX Stomp (Stereo)
L5 - Specular Tempus, Delay (Stereo)
L6 - Specular Tempus, Reverb (Stereo)
Output

- I want to use my HX Stomp as my stereo amp+IR setup pre my dual Tempus.
1. Could I just set the HX Stomp in a loop as I have thought, and then go from the PBC output (What cables to I need for a stereo rig?) to a junction box of some kind (Any tips?) and then plug TRS-XLR straight to FOH? (Or how can this be done?)
2. How does the "Sum to mono" function work in this setup if I would like to go straight to my amp at home?
And in this case: Does this sum all song presets in PBC to mono when activated? (Maybe stupid question, but just have to ask, haha.)

* SETUP 2

In this setup I am thinking of putting L1, L2 and L3 into HX Stomps FX Loop, so that I can change my drives position depending on what modulation I send from HX Stomp.
But I want to use my HX Stomp as my stereo amp+IR setup and the amp blocks should go pre dual Tempus..
Can this be done? How?

Would appreciate your help and thoughts on this one. Thanks!

Ok, there's a lot of questions here. I'm going to answer them separately, so they won't match up exactly with your question numbers.

1) The PBC 6X has a single TRS output, so if you want to run stereo you need one of two things - a TRS to dual mono insert cable running from the output to your two amps/DIs/etc., or (the better option IMO) a junction box that connects to the PBC via a TRS cable that breaks it out to two mono output jacks.
2) I'm not sure if the PBC's output is balanced or not. If it is, then you can just run your outputs direct from the pedalboard to the snake or soundboard directly. If not, then you would want to use a direct box. Alternatively, you could take the HX Stomp out of the loops and run it after the PBC's outputs, then run it direct, as it's outputs are balanced TRS.
3) The sum to mono feature is a Global option in the PBC. If activated, it will sum your stereo outputs together into two mono signals. Since it's a Global option, it will affect any signal coming out of the PBC.
4) For your Setup 2 option, I think the only way you could make this work would be to run the HX Stomp and the Specular Tempus' outside of the PBC, and control them via MIDI, with the PBC running inside the HX Stomp FX Loop. This way you can move your drive pedals anywhere within the signal chain relative to the modulation effects and the stereo amps, and the delay/verb will always be after the amps.

Back