New Kemper Stage

scratch17

https://www.kemper-amps.com/stage

$1700 at Sweetwater. Should start shipping later this week.

This is a full blown Kemper Profiling Amplifier. You can make your own profiles or load any profile, just like the Rack and Toaster models. Any profile made on any model will work on any other model.

There are some differences. The biggest is that Stage has two external effects loops. with mono sends and stereo returns. The Rack and Toaster are limited to one external hardware loop.

We know that with the Rack or Toaster the MMGT uses MIDI to control a Rack or Toaster. The Stage has MIDI I/O. We know any profile is compatible with any model (Rack, Toaster or Stage). We know that there is bi-directional control of Kempers with MMGT. And that you can set up the MMGT / Kemper synergy to personal taste.

So the MMGT should add tons of extra control to a Stage. Potentially, you could re-purpose the MMGT to do alternate control functions, unavailable with the Stages' controls without deep menu diving. In effect, Stage would act as extra buttons, switches and pedals for the MMGT.

I already own a Kemper Rack. I am hoping that the Stage can control the Rack at the same time as it controls its internal engine. That would let me use the MMGT as extra control over both the Rack and the Stage.

Ron, can you look into this new device and confirm its use with a MMGT, please?

Back