Adjusting tap tempo within song

Charlie

I have programed tempos per song and set individual preset tempos to 0 bpm. I want to be able to adjust the tap tempo button within one of the songs presets on the PBC (to adjust to a live drummer) subsequently adjusting all presets tempos automatically within that song.
I thought this was possible with the new update, but I can't seem to make it work. Any suggestions ?

Currently, saving a new tempo will only save to the current preset and not the current song, regardless of whether you're using a preset-level tempo or a song-level tempo. That's definitely a problem, and I will try to get that fixed ASAP.

I’ve been asking for this forever, with no update. The above is an old post, but currently the way it works is that if you have a song where the presets in it are set to Song, and say the song is 80bpm. You go into the song and tempo goes to 80, no problem. But then if you tap in a new tempo, say 85, when you leave that preset and go to another inside that song, tempo goes back to 80.

If the tempo for a song needs to change, it will need to change for the ENTIRE song, so this needs to be fixed. If I leave the song and come back, I understand it going back to 80, but not if I haven’t left the song.

I’ve heard the suggestion about setting the Preset tempo to “same” but this does NOT do the job. If I go from a song where the tempo is 120 to a new song of tempo 80, this will really screw you up.

Ron acknowledged that this needed to be done, but that was over a year ago I believe. Still waiting.

I think this may be the main reason guys use something like a Quartz with their PBC.
Actually I have been using this function successfully for some time now. Under the Presets page in the Editor I had to turn all my Tempos to Off.
There was an update a while back that added the preset tempo option, all my presets were on Song. I had to go through and change every preset tempo to Off. It took a while but now I can tap a new tempo mid song and all presets within that song follow the new tapped tempo.

Actually I have been using this function successfully for some time now. Under the Presets page in the Editor I had to turn all my Tempos to Off.
There was an update a while back that added the preset tempo option, all my presets were on Song. I had to go through and change every preset tempo to Off. It took a while but now I can tap a new tempo mid song and all presets within that song follow the new tapped tempo.
Also you set the tempo for each song in the Song tab in the editor or directly into the PBC under edit Songs. You can also Tap the tempo and hit store on the PBC and it will save that tempo for that song which is great if you find a tempo you like while playing live.
Aloha

"You can also Tap the tempo and hit store on the PBC and it will save that tempo for that song which is great if you find a tempo you like while playing live."
It will save the tempo to the song? or to the current preset??

"You can also Tap the tempo and hit store on the PBC and it will save that tempo for that song which is great if you find a tempo you like while playing live."
It will save the tempo to the song? or to the current preset??

If you're in song/setlist mode and either "Ignore preset tempo" is turned on or the preset tempo is set to Off, it will store the tempo to the current song. Otherwise, it will store it to the current preset.

Besides setting all preset tempos to Off, I had to turn "Ignore Preset Tempos" On in the Global menu as well.
Now it works :) Awesome!

Back