'Preset Button 2nd Press' conundrum

Chuk

I'm a little confused about the 'Preset Button 2nd Press' function.
I have it set to 'RELOAD' but it behaves unexpectedly.
For instance; when I load a Preset then select any IA (Drive1 for example) but then re-select the Preset it does not revert to the saved state as I would expect ie it doesn't reload. It remains with Drive 1 engaged. However if I load a Preset then select another Scene other than Scene 1 then re-select the Preset it DOES revert to it's saved state. In fact every other Scene other than Scene 1 will revert to the default/saved state upon re-loading the Preset. Strangely, Scene 1 WILL reload it's default state if I select the Scene 1 IA button but not the Preset button.
It seems to be a problem with the Scene button, regardless of which one, that is saved with the preset.
Hopefully that's not too confusing.
Does anyone have any insight into what could be causing this behaviour?

Hi Ron,
I'm using AxeFxIII.
I have attached a couple of screenshots of the Scene Button settings.
Scene 1.JPG
Scene 2.JPG

Only buttons that have Update on Preset Change turned on will update when you press a preset button the 2nd time. Buttons that don't have it turned just reflect the state stored in the Axe-Fx.

Unfortunately checking the 'Update on Preset Change' does nothing to reload the Preset to its initial state on the Preset buttons. The Scene buttons always reload just fine. However it is with the 2nd press of a PRESET button that I wish the GT/22 to reload the preset to its initial state. This config below doesn't work.Preset button.JPG

Was there an answer on this? I'm having a similar problem on my Axe 3 with current firmware that's related but may be a little different. If I turn on the chorus block in a patch with an IA switch and then change to another scene, some scenes will keep it on and some won't. Scene 1 never keeps it on though, even if I'm just hitting another scene the second time to switch back to scene 1 or hitting the IA for scene 1. I have update on preset change on in all of them but it's inconsistent on different scenes and I can't figure out how to get this to work. Thanks for any help- it may be something simple but I've done so much research and trials that I'm just getting confused now. I don't even want to try to get it to stay on across a preset change- scenes would be enough right now unless the solution for one is the same as the other.
Thanks,
Hunter

Was there an answer on this? I'm having a similar problem on my Axe 3 with current firmware that's related but may be a little different. If I turn on the chorus block in a patch with an IA switch and then change to another scene, some scenes will keep it on and some won't. Scene 1 never keeps it on though, even if I'm just hitting another scene the second time to switch back to scene 1 or hitting the IA for scene 1. I have update on preset change on in all of them but it's inconsistent on different scenes and I can't figure out how to get this to work. Thanks for any help- it may be something simple but I've done so much research and trials that I'm just getting confused now. I don't even want to try to get it to stay on across a preset change- scenes would be enough right now unless the solution for one is the same as the other.
Thanks,
Hunter

any news or confirmation that the behavior you are seeing is definitely the GT vs the Axe 3? I've seen similar behavior.

This fixed my scene buttons but I haven't tested it for the IA switches outside of scenes yet: Thread
Edit- no, this did not make it so effects persist across scene changes.

Last edited:
This fixed my scene buttons but I haven't tested it for the IA switches outside of scenes yet: Thread
Edit- no, this did not make it so effects persist across scene changes.

Currently, it's not possible to have effect settings persist across scene changes. The Axe-Fx changes the state of all effect blocks when you change scenes.

Thanks- I figured it would have something to do with the scenes but it sure would be nice to be able to keep a chorus on across scenes so I'll put in a wish list request for it. Right now I have to have separate presets with the chorus on certain scenes like for solo and low gain and it's hard to keep them the same when I change something else in a preset even with global blocks. Especially when I change something in a scene- lots of updating and copying while trying to make sure it all stays the same.
I guess I could fool around with IA save on the fly but I'm not sure that would work either if it's Axe scene controlled.

Back