Remote Function

cgscotto

I have two rigs that each use a Mastermind LT to control all the midi functions. I would like to use the Mastermind LT on one rig to control the Mastermind on the other rig. I can get the remote function to work when I directly connect the midi out of the main Mastermind to the midi in of the second Mastermind. However, if I try to connect to the second Mastermind by connecting the midi out from the last device in the chain from the first Mastermind, the remote function does not seem to work. Does the remote function only work if the main Mastermind is directly connected to the other Mastermind? Thanks

Yes, they have to be directly connected to each other - most MIDI devices dont support bidirectional MIDI, which remote mode uses.

Thanks, that is what I thought since the original intention seems to controlling a single rig from multiple controllers.

Would it be possible, in a future firmware update, to add the Mastermind LT as a device that could be controlled by another Mastermind LT? The control could be quite simply, such as simply using one Mastermind LT to change presets on another one. So you would see Mastermind LT listed in the PC Messages section of the editor, for example. The Mastermind GT, for example, is listed under devices for RJM on the Devices page. Would setting up a Mastermind GT as a device work for switching pc changes on an LT?

Yes, you can just call it a Mastermind GT, and it'll work fine. Just make sure that the MIDI Receive Channel is set on the receiving LT - that needs to match the channel set for the GT(/LT) in the sending unit's Devices tab.

Just a quick follow-up, I added the Mastermind GT to the devices on the Mastermind LT, and it works perfectly. It is cool to have the ability to control two rigs with one controller. Thanks for the help.

Back