solderless plugs

Shimon

I'm trying to wire my pedalboard with Lava solderless plugs kit........It's not working well.....
Which plugs are you using??

The Neutrik jacks we use in PBC/10s seem to be having trouble with some solderless jacks - they're not always making good contact. Putting a small rubber ring over the plug's shaft has produced good results, preventing it from going in all the way, which actually helps it make contact.

I'm not a fan of solderless cables in general, so I use Switchcraft, Neutrik, G&H or Square Plugs, depending on the situation.

I'd learn how to solder or...btpa makes cables that are relatively inexpensive. The square plugs are fantastic. Run from solderless cables!

I'd learn how to solder or...btpa makes cables that are relatively inexpensive. The square plugs are fantastic. Run from solderless cables!
I tried to solder the cable that came with the LAVA solderless kit and that didn't work well either. so I go with Mogami cable.

check out btpa ca-0678 cable and their squareplugs. The plugs will take the least amount of landscape up on your board.

The Evidence Audio SIS system is fantastic, and when properly made, are far more durable than your average soldered cable. I’m using them with the PBC 10 with no issues. But I agree that you should learn to solder. Useful life skill!

The Evidence Audio SIS system is fantastic, and when properly made, are far more durable than your average soldered cable. I’m using them with the PBC 10 with no issues. But I agree that you should learn to solder. Useful life skill!

I'm not sure how to validate a solderless connector is going to be more durable, but as long as you're happy with the product you mentioned results, that's all that matters.

I'm not sure how to validate a solderless connector is going to be more durable, but as long as you're happy with the product you mentioned results, that's all that matters.

They have pics on their site putting their cables through a stress test supporting a bicycle or something. I did my own test before committing, just yanked the cable around for ages in the kind of way that you would expect would damage the connection. No matter how hard I pulled at the connectors, the cable kept functioning perfectly.

I'm trying to think of a major touring act that uses solderless cables on their boards...... still thinking.

It's not only a matter of how hard you can tug on them it's how the connections are made internally. If they work for you though - more power to you!

Back