Sending Midi Clock Tempo Division Only To One Device/On One Midi Channel

luca9583

Hi Ron

Is there a way, via Sysex or with an external Midi event processor, to send Midi Clock Tempo divisions to only one device/on one Midi channel only?

MIDI clock is a global message and is not on any specific channel. If it's being sent, then all devices in the same MIDI chain will see it. You can either disable MIDI clock reception on the devices that you don't want to respond to the clock, or you can use an event processor or filter as you suggest to remove the clock from the messages going to some devices.

MIDI clock is a global message and is not on any specific channel. If it's being sent, then all devices in the same MIDI chain will see it. You can either disable MIDI clock reception on the devices that you don't want to respond to the clock, or you can use an event processor or filter as you suggest to remove the clock from the messages going to some devices.

Yep Thanks Ron.

The issue is with the Meris Enzo’s Arp mode that responds to Midi clock but doesn’t allow any subdivisions of the clock.

Am i correct in thinking that if i am running Song Mode i could make all my non Enzo presets not use the Mid Clock Divide but just follow the Song tempo...and then simply engage it on the presets where the Enzo is in use?

This would mean that an Enzo preset within a Song would still be in time with the Song but with a preset specific Midi Clock Division.

Yes, clock division is programmable on a per-preset basis, so if you have a preset that only uses the Enzo, then you can set a clock division for that preset.

Back