editor gets stuck

Victor Vos

Hi,
Every time I try to read settings from device, the editor gets stuck en I have to hard reset.
This way I cannot get the right preset names from my AxeFx into the editor...
Upgrading to the latest software did not solve it..

Are you using a Mac or PC, and which OS version? Do you have a different USB cable to try, and ideally another computer to try?

I have a Mac, Mojave 10.14.6
I could try both cable and my old Mac...
btw, communicating from computer to MM is fine..

changing cable did not do the trick... changing computer takes some more logistics.. Try it later tonight.

If it's working fine on the other computer, then yes, something must be going on with the first computer. We use the built in USB MIDI drivers in OS X, so it's not a driver issue. Have you tried every USB port on your other computer? Maybe one port is not up to par?

Yes, I tried all. Found a workaround; Get settings at old computer, save on usb stick, load on new computer. Quite a work-around...

Mine tends to do that on only one of my many windows based as well. I KNOW its the cheap and overly long usb cable I'm using. That, and there's so many usb drivers buried in my system, its a total mess. Save your work regularly and swap cables. I'm sure you've tried the obvious. Glad you found a workaround, but man what a pita. Have you tried other usb ports as well? Sorry not much help, I know nothing of OSX.

I bet it wasn't. You are not alone Ron, usb problems plague many things. Yours is just as stable as can be expected. Even more a pita is trying to deal with usb to midi and clock sync in a daw. Damn nightmare that isnt your fault. After a few years of fighting it, I now try to keep it as simple as possible. Too complex and it fails. I'd rather simple and stable, than complex and Iffy. One thing that isnt so common is customer service as prompt as yours! Keep up the good fight!

I'm not sure what to say at this point - you can contact us at support@rjmmusic.com if you want to send it in to us to look at. This is still a unique problem and I don't have any idea what would be causing it.

Does it work ok if you transfer settings from the computer to GT using a flash drive? That's probably the best workaround at this time.

Transfer from computer to GT is no problem.
From GT to computer is not possible with a flash drive? is it?

Transfer from computer to GT is no problem.
From GT to computer is not possible with a flash drive? is it?

Yes, it is possible, in the GT's setup menu, select System Functions / Save Settings to save to a flash drive. You can then bring that over to the computer to read them.

Hi Ron, this is happening to me as well. Running the latest editor, firmware and OS X 10.15.3.

If I try to read settings from the device the editor causes the computer to freeze. Well, to be precise all input ceases to function but the computer seems to carry on running (i.e. programs still running and opening, windows appear - I tested this by quickly reading setting while apps were still loading - and I can hear the HDD drives indexing), but a hard reset is the only way to get it back.

The editor doesn't always crash the system at the same location in the blue bar, sometimes it gets half way and other times it almost gets to the end. I'm going to do more testing - I have another OS X computer I will try as well as different USB ports and report back.

Back