Yamaha Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Interface

I haven't tried it, but I would expect it to work. I'm guessing that it uses the same power draw trick as the MIDI Solutions boxes, which work with the LT.

In preliminary testing, the Yamaha Wireless Bluetooth MIDI interface works well with my MacBook and the Mastermind LT.

I have a Mastermind LT, an AXEFX3 and an iPad. I wonder if it would be possible to connect all of them at the same time via two Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Interfaces. So I would plug the first interface into the AXE and the second interface into the Mastermind LT. First this would mean a wireless MIDI IN and MIDI out between both devices. Second this would mean that the iPad has also a wireless connection via Bluetooth with the AXEFX3 which would enable me to use the Fracpad App on the iPad.

In preliminary testing, the Yamaha Wireless Bluetooth MIDI interface works well with my MacBook and the Mastermind LT.

I have the Yamaha MD-BT01 as well and I tried it last night with my LT and it works great. It even works when the LT is only powered via USB cable. I used it with Bandhelper (which is a great app.) on my iPad.

OK, thank you for your positive feedback. I have asked the same question in the AXEFX Forum and Al Grenadine, the father of the Fracpad App has told me that the Yamaha Interfaces always act as Bluetooth Servers, which means that it is not possible to connect two BT01s with each other. I need the USB port of my AXE to connect to my Mac, so I am considering to buy an iConnect MIDI 4+, which should make it possible to connect an iPad and a Mac at the same time via USB.

I can't seem to get the Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth interface to work with my LT. Is there anything I have to do in the MIDI setup menu to enable the MIDI-IN port on the LT? I looked and nothing jumped at me. My iPad connects to the MD-BT01 with Bandhelper and the data light on the MD-BT01 lights up when I send a PC, but nothing happens. The same setup with my AX8 works fine, so the iPad, BH and the MD-BT01 are all functioning properly.

I can't seem to get the Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth interface to work with my LT. Is there anything I have to do in the MIDI setup menu to enable the MIDI-IN port on the LT? I looked and nothing jumped at me. My iPad connects to the MD-BT01 with Bandhelper and the data light on the MD-BT01 lights up when I send a PC, but nothing happens. The same setup with my AX8 works fine, so the iPad, BH and the MD-BT01 are all functioning properly.

If you're trying to get it to change presets, you need to set MIDI Receive Channel to something other than None, and make sure you send program changes on that channel.

Back