AXE III /GT 22 preset sequence issue after 500

Using a variation of Ian's GT22 configuration (love it!) and am having a hard time figuring out why my preset after #503 goes down to 492 and starts from there again, even though on my AXE III everything is as is should be up to 511. (either with the thumbwheel on the axe or axe-edit) I don't need 500+ presets but have been using the upper tiered slots for my custom presets. Have reloaded preset names numerous times, 0-511 and also 500 - 511 (from starting point 500) and other variations; all the same result. Then reset the config to the factory config and all presets are in the correct order. go back to the config I've been using and same issue. (not using songs or setlists) What am I missing?

Have a look at the PC numbers programmed into the GT for presets 503+ and make sure they are actually set up to recall presets 503+ on the Axe-Fx.

Make sure that there is no MIDI mapping enabled in the Axe-Fx's MIDI settings.

Also, check GT presets 492+ and make sure they're sending PC 492+

thanks for the quick replies and help; no midi mapping enabled on III. checking presets they look to be mapped properly. To be sure, where else should I look besides the presets tab in the editor if any?

Back