Switch HX Stomp page

Jeremia Berndtsson

Hi!
I want to use my HX Stomp to have a different page for a song if I need a specific modulation that I don’t use on regular basis on my main page.

How do I program the Stomp to switch to a specific page in the RJM editor when pushing a preset button?

Greetings!

I don't have my HX Stomp at hand to verify that it's possible, but if it is, then here is what you need to do:

1) In the Mastermind Editor, go to the MIDI page and set the MIDI Receive Channel for the PBC (obviously make sure it's a different number than any of your other devices).
2) On the HX Stomp, set the appropriate switch to send a MIDI signal to CC#75 at the above MIDI Channel with a value representing the page you want to navigate to (with the default page being value 0).

I don't have my HX Stomp at hand to verify that it's possible, but if it is, then here is what you need to do:

1) In the Mastermind Editor, go to the MIDI page and set the MIDI Receive Channel for the PBC (obviously make sure it's a different number than any of your other devices).
2) On the HX Stomp, set the appropriate switch to send a MIDI signal to CC#75 at the above MIDI Channel with a value representing the page you want to navigate to (with the default page being value 0).
Hi again! Sorry, totally missed your answer.
Ah, sorry! Must have explained it bad. Because I want the PBC/6X to send midi to Stomp so that it switch to another page specified for that song/part when pushing a present button on PBC/6X.
Thanks!

Ok, so you want to switch presets on the HX Stomp by hitting a switch on the PBC? That's pretty easy.

To choose preset per Preset:
1) Set up the HX Stomp in the device tab. The Editor has the HX Stomp pre-programmed in, so just select it and make sure the MIDI Channel # matches between the two devices.
2) On the preset page, there will now be a box in the "PC Messages" section for the HX Stomp. Select the PC# for the HX Stomp preset you want to use on each individual preset. (Stomp Preset 1A=PC #0, 1B=PC #1, 1C=PC #2, 2A=PC #3, etc.)

To set up a button on the PBC that switches HX Stomp Presets:
1) Open up the editor for the switch you want to use. Set ithe button type to IA.
2) In the IA Actions, select "new action" and use action type "PC"
3) Set the device to the Stomp, and the "PC Number On" to the preset number of the preset you want to use
4) Set the "PC Number Off" to either the PC# of your main preset, or "previous" to just switch back to whatever you had just been using.

Hope that helps!

Q
Ok, so you want to switch presets on the HX Stomp by hitting a switch on the PBC? That's pretty easy.

To choose preset per Preset:
1) Set up the HX Stomp in the device tab. The Editor has the HX Stomp pre-programmed in, so just select it and make sure the MIDI Channel # matches between the two devices.
2) On the preset page, there will now be a box in the "PC Messages" section for the HX Stomp. Select the PC# for the HX Stomp preset you want to use on each individual preset. (Stomp Preset 1A=PC #0, 1B=PC #1, 1C=PC #2, 2A=PC #3, etc.)

To set up a button on the PBC that switches HX Stomp Presets:
1) Open up the editor for the switch you want to use. Set ithe button type to IA.
2) In the IA Actions, select "new action" and use action type "PC"
3) Set the device to the Stomp, and the "PC Number On" to the preset number of the preset you want to use
4) Set the "PC Number Off" to either the PC# of your main preset, or "previous" to just switch back to whatever you had just been using.

Hope that helps!
Wow, that's it! :D Thank you so much!

Q

Wow, that's it! :D Thank you so much!

Forgot to mention - keep in mind that there's an unavoidable cut out in signal whenever you change presets on the HX Stomp, so you'll want to avoid changing presets in the middle of a song whenever possible. Speaking from experience here! :)

Forgot to mention - keep in mind that there's an unavoidable cut out in signal whenever you change presets on the HX Stomp, so you'll want to avoid changing presets in the middle of a song whenever possible. Speaking from experience here! :)
Okey! Good to mention.☺️ Was thinking of doing a swell patch to go to mid song, but not a good idea then.

That signal cut is really upsetting... There would be so much more possibilities to use the Stomp without this issue! Now the limit is one preset per song.

Here's what I do to expand the options a bit: You can send snapshot changes via CC #69. You have 3 snapshots per preset, which lets you change pretty much all settings on any block (but not the blocks itself of course). This gives you already some good options.
Further, I set some blocks to receive custom CC messages on the Stomp (e.g. CC #4 - #7) and turn these blocks on or off through dedicated IA buttons on the PBC. Works great so far and the Stomp recalls the settings correctly (most of the time at least, it's a lot of CC messages sent).

Keep in mind you cannot use the CC messages for the footswitches (#49-#54) somehow if you want to save and recall presets on the PBC. There is some issue with the Stomp turning the FS on. But you can assign a custom CC message to a block as well as assign a footswitch to that block. This works flawlessly and also turn the FS on/off.

Hi again!

I am having trouble with my preset change with the HX Stomp.
I have a preset on my PBC set up so that it will change preset on HX Stomp, but the Stomp doesn’t listen to the midi message.
What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• 83E24372-E0E1-45E2-8F4F-2D609523C8D2.jpeg
    83E24372-E0E1-45E2-8F4F-2D609523C8D2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
Hi again!

I am having trouble with my preset change with the HX Stomp.
I have a preset on my PBC set up so that it will change preset on HX Stomp, but the Stomp doesn’t listen to the midi message.
What am I doing wrong?

I would need your entire settings file in order to see what's happening. But, the first thing I recommend checking is - are there any IA buttons that are programmed to send PC messages? If so, those may be causing a conflict.

I would need your entire settings file in order to see what's happening. But, the first thing I recommend checking is - are there any IA buttons that are programmed to send PC messages? If so, those may be causing a conflict.

This is my settings file. I can't seem to find anything weird..

Attachments

• PBC:6X 2020-01-01.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
I don't see anything wrong either. Does the HX Stomp respond to the PBC at all? If not, check your MIDI connections and also your MIDI channel settings.

So, when you switch from the first to the second song, the HX Stomp doesn't do anything?

If it was in front of me, I would use a PC and a MIDI monitor app to see if PCs are coming out of the PBC.

Depending on how you're testing it, the PBC's PC filtering may become an issue. Try turning on Send Redundant PCs in the Devices tab for the HX Stomp and see if that changes anything.

If it was in front of me, I would use a PC and a MIDI monitor app to see if PCs are coming out of the PBC.

Depending on how you're testing it, the PBC's PC filtering may become an issue. Try turning on Send Redundant PCs in the Devices tab for the HX Stomp and see if that changes anything.
I turned on Send Redudundant PCs and now it works! Thank you (once again!) so much!

Back