Boost function?

Declan

Is there a way of doing the following: If I am on preset one, can I set up the PBC so that when I press the number one button again I can program the 1 button to turn on a loop and also send some midi commands so I can initiate a boost and delay for example? This is the one thing the BOSS ES-8 did that I'm not sure of doing on this or if it's possible. Thanks

Yes, you can do that. There's a Preset 2nd Press setting that determines what happens when you press a preset button a second time. You can either set it to Alternate or IA.

Alternate means that it will select an alternate preset. For example, pressing preset 1 again could switch to preset 101 (or any other preset you choose), preset 2 could switch to preset 102. Then, you can set up the preset to turn on anything you like.

The IA setting means that a second press will run the IA actions on the preset button. You can specify that the button sends any CC messages, turns on loops, etc.

The big difference is that alternate presets are set per preset, so that each preset can have a different alternate preset. IA actions are set per button, so pressing button 1 a second time will always do the same thing, regardless of which bank of presets you're on.

Thanks for that. I am so nearly there with it but I don't have it working exactly how I want. When I first press the preset one button it goes to it's preset like normal, then when I press the button again it is toggling my delay on, changing patch and activating the loop I want. Then when I press the button 1 again it is coming up with step 3 which I don't know how to get rid of as I only have 2 steps in my IA actions. Is this screenshot any use to help me. I want the next button press to go back to step 1 and not step 3. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    259.5 KB · Views: 11
System / Step actions go in between steps, so you have a first step that does nothing, then two more steps. Delete the first System / Step to get rid of the first step.

Please note that you start on step 1 and the first button press brings you to step 2. You many need to reverse your steps to get it to work the way you want.

It was the order being reversed that I didn't have. I had a feeling that a step was in there automatically alright but I didn't know reversing the order was what was needed to get the thing working how I wanted. All good now. Thanks for the help

I am now having a different issue with this and I can't understand why it's not working. So I have the globals set to 2nd press, IA. I then go into button one which is preset one to edit it. I leave the type as preset, I tick IA cycle to on, I program in my IA steps. This all works fine for the number one button, but as soon as I put in my IA cycle steps then it is corrupting my other presets. For my 2nd preset I have my preset actions set to turn off all my midi pedals except for my Timeline. The issue I am having is that my Timeline is not turning on when I press into preset 2. It works fine if I remove the IA actions on button 1. What am I doing wrong?

My best guess is to turn off "Send on Preset Change" and "Update on Preset Change" on the first button - if those are turned on, the button will send its messages on every preset change, not just when the button is pressed.

I have a question about setting up a 2nd press on a preset button to turn on a boost pedal that is in a loop.

I want to stay so that what ever sort of pedals/effects is turned on in the preset, also is on when pressing the button again that engage the boost pedal.
How can I achive this, regardless what preset I am on?

Set Preset 2nd Press to IA. Then, on the preset button, add an action to the button that activates the boost pedal. Make sure that Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change are turned on. Pressing the preset button a second time will activate the boost. Pressing it again - or pressing any other preset - will deactivate it.

Set Preset 2nd Press to IA. Then, on the preset button, add an action to the button that activates the boost pedal. Make sure that Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change are turned on. Pressing the preset button a second time will activate the boost. Pressing it again - or pressing any other preset - will deactivate it.

Can I do it with 2nd press on global?
Or else, do I need to go to all my presets and choose to have that boost on 2nd press?

You don't need to edit all of your presets, but you do need to edit all of your preset buttons to add the IA action.

If you have an IA button that accesses the global preset, you would need to make the button an IA Cycle button, which would look something like this:

Audio / Loop on:ON
System/ Step
System / Preset on:Global
Audio / Loop on:OFF

Turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on this button.

The button will start on the first step, but won't actually activate the loop. The first press will switch to the second step, turning off the loop if it's on, and selecting the global preset. The next press makes it go back to the first step and turn on the loop.

You don't need to edit all of your presets, but you do need to edit all of your preset buttons to add the IA action.

If you have an IA button that accesses the global preset, you would need to make the button an IA Cycle button, which would look something like this:

Audio / Loop on:ON
System/ Step
System / Preset on:Global
Audio / Loop on:OFF

Turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on this button.

The button will start on the first step, but won't actually activate the loop. The first press will switch to the second step, turning off the loop if it's on, and selecting the global preset. The next press makes it go back to the first step and turn on the loop.
I just tried the first one with IA on 2nd press. Is it possible to have only the button I press twice light up, and not all? Now all are white.

Back