Issues with Source Audio Collider

PianoMan

I'm having some issues getting my Source Audio Collider up and running with my board. Almost everything is good to go, except for toggling the bypass state of the A and B sides of the Collider. I have a page on my PBC to control their states, with a button devoted to the bypass state of each pedal that I can control on a per-preset basis. No matter what I do though, when I switch presets, it always defaults to having the A side on, and the B side off. I know the toggles work (if I tap them manually, the Collider follows them when they sync up), and I've verified that the MIDI messages are being sent on preset changes via MIDI OX. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Attachments

• Mastermind PBC 6X Setup New 2.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
You have two buttons on page 3 that send Bypass messages to the pedal. I don't know what the difference is between the two ("Bypass" and "Recall Bypass"), but the problem might be related to both of them being sent when you change presets.

You have two buttons on page 3 that send Bypass messages to the pedal. I don't know what the difference is between the two ("Bypass" and "Recall Bypass"), but the problem might be related to both of them being sent when you change presets.

That's a remnant of me using the SA Ventris as a starter device when setting everything up. On the Collider, those CC messages control the bypass state of each of the two separate sides of the pedal.

I have no experience with that pedal, some experimentation is going to be needed. I recommend removing some MIDI messages and see what happens. For example, turning off Send PC in Devices would prevent the PBC from sending PCs to the pedal. It would be helpful to see if this is one of those pedals that doesn't respond to MIDI messages for a while after a PC is received.

I have no experience with that pedal, some experimentation is going to be needed. I recommend removing some MIDI messages and see what happens. For example, turning off Send PC in Devices would prevent the PBC from sending PCs to the pedal. It would be helpful to see if this is one of those pedals that doesn't respond to MIDI messages for a while after a PC is received.

I've been in touch with Source Audio support and it turns out the issue is that the Collider can't handle multiple PC/CC messages at a time - it requires a delay in between each. Is there a way to add a delay between specific messages?

I've been in touch with Source Audio support and it turns out the issue is that the Collider can't handle multiple PC/CC messages at a time - it requires a delay in between each. Is there a way to add a delay between specific messages?

Not at this time, sorry... It's been requested a few times, but it's not a simple feature to implement (if' it's done well)

Hey Pianoman- I have been starting to work in a collider to my pbc setup. Have you found some work arounds or tricks to controlling the collider?

Unfortunately I confirmed with Source Audio that what I was wanting to do is not possible. I ended up creating multiple iterations of each preset with the desired time signature. Annoying, but so be it.

Gotcha, I played around a good bit tonight and seems this is probably the only option until delayed midi gets implemented. There are a number of pedals that need that. Would be nice to bring this into the midi options.

So are you going to be able to use the collider in your setup? I’m asking because I have the PBC 6x on order but haven’t ordered my collider yet. But that’s the pedal I was wanting to get. Is there easier options? I just don’t want to get over my head.

So are you going to be able to use the collider in your setup? I’m asking because I have the PBC 6x on order but haven’t ordered my collider yet. But that’s the pedal I was wanting to get. Is there easier options? I just don’t want to get over my head.

I'm using it now and have no intention to get rid of it. I just have to use more presets than I hoped I would have to. I still think it's the best option for dual delays out there.

Hey guys, just to update. I stumbled on what I think works by using a different controller (morningstar mc6). But I believe this solution should work with RJM. (Not sure if it does what you need PianoMan)

Anyways, by using the CC commands 105 to 108. You select the correct cc, then the value of 0-127 is actually the preset you want. So if you want delay active and reverb off with your pc 4. You send cc 106, value of 4. I was missing this earlier.

So basically what I’m doing with the collider is PCs. I do have my expression pedal set to CC 100. This way I can control the collider parameters in the neuro app. Seems to be working intermittently. It will work, then the next day I try it and it doesn’t work. So I do a hard factory reset on the collider and then it works again. I have an email into source audio, hope they can help me! I like the concept of the collider, when it works, it’s really nice feature! Hoping RJM puts the collider in their drop down menu on a future update.

Update on collider. It’s sounding like the collider is not working well with the RJM. Probably not able to handle multiple pc/cc commands. It works fine for preset changes, but when I try to do a CC #93 for tap tempo and CC#100 for expression pedal from RJM it just stops working with midi. I can factory reset collider and it will work for a little bit, then when you power down and power back up, the CCs don’t work. Ron has helped me verify all settings on RJM are correct. I’ve been talking with the engineer at source Audio and he’s working on it. Just wanted to give you all an update. I’ll post when they figure it out or find a solution. It’s really a great reverb/delay combo pedal so I really want to keep it on my board!

I’ve now been able to get the collider working better with the 6x with the help of source Audio and RJM. I’m using Master midi clock for tempo control and using expression cc100 to control collider parameters with the neuro editor. They both seem to be working well now. For some reason, my midi mapping was getting erased on collider, we reset that and now it’s been working great! Source Audio is getting a controller from RjM to experiment with it and the collider.
I’m using the drop down menu of the Source Audio Nemesis but I believe RJM will be adding collider to the library. It really is a great pedal!

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it's working! As of firmware 4.4.2, the Collider is now supported.

Any reason the cc library for the Collider cuts off at cc# 103? I will be using 106,107,108....etc.

Thanks

Back