External switch bug?

Alexander

There seem to be a couple of bugs with the 3+4 ext.switch port.

First, changing the switch type to Momentary on the GT/22 hardware, doesn't stick. The software editor has to be used for this.

Second, it looks like the ON and OFF values are reversed. With every switch I used, the GT/22 powers up with the switch(es) engaged.

I'll look at the first issue, that sounds like a firmware problem.

What kind of switches are you using? The symptoms sound like normally closed momentary or latching switches are being used. (Only normally open momentary switches will work correctly).

All switches I tried (including Boss FS-7), were momentary.

The Boss has a Polarity switch which switches between normally open and normally closed. In either mode the switch is engaged after powering up. I have to switch the On / Off values to correct this.

Hm. Does it do that with the switch not connected? Does it do that with the cable connected to the GT but the switch not connected to the cable?

My mistake!
I did switch the polarity on the FS-7 to test, but didn't realize that this requires the FS-7 to be powered, and didn't do that. So the test wasn't correctly done.
Switching the polarity DOES solve the issue. :)

Great! The FS-7 is a weird one for sure. It's puzzling that it needs power to change polarity.

Back