PBC, Mission SP-1 and Strymon Mobius Wah control

go2ldook

Can I get some guidance on how and how well the Mission SP-1 works with the Strymon Mobius as a Wah pedal? My Crybaby Wah died and have decided to go with an Expression pedal to use my Mobius as a Wah (tried it in auto-wah mode and sound great). Was shopping for expression pedals and discover that Mission has a wah made to work with the PBC. So some questions before I buy:

1) How does the set-up work? I assume you plug the SP-1 into the expression pedal and, since there is no expression pedal "out", that the expression pedal then controls the pedals by converting to Midi CC data to control them that way?
2) Could the SP-1 control an individual pedal like the Mobius directly through its expression pedal jack if desired, or are you locked into the PBC set-up with the SP1-PBC? I am kind of presuming you are locked in, because I think the potentiometer is different for the purpose of working with the PBC, but just wondering.
3) Are there any drawbacks to this approach to controlling the Wah setting on the Mobius like this, versus use of a standard expression pedal directly into the the Mobius? I mean in terms of controlling the sweep and getting a great wah out of the set-up. It seems to me this is really the way to go unless someone tells me otherwise, and has the added value of being able to control my other Strymon pedals if desired, but my main goal is a great Wah for now.

Please note that a standard SP-1 has the wrong polarity for use with the PBC, you'll need to rewire the pedal or use a polarity reversing cable. More information can be found here:

https://rjmmusic.freshdesk.com/en/s...dals-can-i-use-with-the-mastermind-gt-lt-pbc-

If it's an SP1-RJM pedal, it doesn't need correction - it has the correct polarity.

To answer your questions:

1). Yes, that's exactly how it works
2). You can plug the pedal directly into the Mobius if you like. A standard SP-1 will work directly with a Mobius, the RJM variant will need polarity reversal
3). I don't know of a drawback to using the expression pedal with the PBC vs connecting directly to the Mobius.

Please note that a standard SP-1 has the wrong polarity for use with the PBC, you'll need to rewire the pedal or use a polarity reversing cable. More information can be found here:

https://rjmmusic.freshdesk.com/en/s...dals-can-i-use-with-the-mastermind-gt-lt-pbc-

If it's an SP1-RJM pedal, it doesn't need correction - it has the correct polarity.

To answer your questions:

1). Yes, that's exactly how it works
2). You can plug the pedal directly into the Mobius if you like. A standard SP-1 will work directly with a Mobius, the RJM variant will need polarity reversal
3). I don't know of a drawback to using the expression pedal with the PBC vs connecting directly to the Mobius.

Thanks. Yes, I would get the SP1-RJM pedal. Just wondered about experience with it...does the MIDI value range change that you alter with the pedal produce modulation similar to the resistance change with a standard pedal. I have no idea how liner the resistance changes are, though I assume the MIDI change is linear, and if anyone felt it sounded less like a conventional wah...too responsive or less responsive...whatever.

Of course the advantage here is the ability to set it up to control other MIDI pedals like my other Strymons and my Chase Bliss Brothers OD. I cover STP's Interstate Love Song, so already thinking how I could rock the pedal from the relatively clean intro, blending smoothly into the overdrive of the main riff. Very cool.

Back