MASTERMIND LT FIRMWARE / EDITOR 4.4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a new release for you, with some bug fixes and user requested features. Please test it out if you have the time!

FEATURES:
  • Support for Strymon Iridium, Chase Bliss Blooper and Mood
  • Tapped in tempos are now preserved when switching presets within a song, if preset tempos are set to Song, or if "Ignore Preset Tempos" is turned on.
  • Added two special values to the ExpPedal action: "Same" does nothing, and "Send" sends the expression pedal's current value again
  • "Decimal Tempo" setting controls whether tempos are displayed with one decimal place or as whole numbers only
  • Added setting to reverse Bank MSB and Bank LSB CCs for incoming bank selection
BUG FIXES:
  • Fixed button name display in IA Mode
  • Turning on "Update on Preset Change" on a button will now disable state updates from an Axe-Fx III, like it does on previous models
  • Kemper tuner and tempo now work even if Ignore Incoming CC is turned on
  • Fixed state update of Kemper Reverb button
  • Fixed a bug that prevented long Sysex messages from being sent over USB. (This happened when using more than one Sysex action to build a longer message)
  • Fixed Axe-Fx tuner that was off by 1 cent
  • Fixed warnings when running editor in MacOS Catalina
  • Fixed potential memory corruption issue
FIXES IN VERSION 4.4.1:
  • Added support for Jackson Audio Bloom and Broken Arrow V2
  • Fixed a bug that prevented tapped tempos from being preserved when switching between presets in the same song
  • Fixed Preset -/+ buttons - they were not updating the preset button LEDs correctly
  • Tap tempo flashes now work when set to MIDI clock slave
  • Fixes to copy & paste in editor - hold & cycle data are now copied correctly. Copying to and from local pages works now. Copying global buttons should no longer cause trouble.
FIXES IN VERSION 4.4.2:
  • Added support for Source Audio Collider
  • Fixed System / Setlist up/down actions to skip empty setlists
  • Group actions would not execute on power up if all buttons were off in the group. Fixed it so that group actions always execute on power up, regardless of state.
  • Fixed sysex send over USB (again)
  • Fixed right-click menu in editor
TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.2 or earlier, your Mastermind will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind while holding the 1 and 3 buttons.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your Mastermind. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

-OR-

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.2 or earlier, your Mastermind will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Use the Transfer / Update Firmware menu option to update the Mastermind. This works with LTs made after March 2019.

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC/MM442.zip

Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC/MastermindEditor-4.4.2.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC/MastermindEditor-4.4.2.zip

Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMLT/Mastermind LT Manual-4.2.pdf (same as 4.2 manual)

Editor Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki (not yet updated for 4.4)

Last edited:
Updating LT firmware;

"Please note: Firmware update through the editor is only available on Mastermind PBC and LT units built March 2019 or later."

How can you tell when your LT was made?

Updating LT firmware;

"Please note: Firmware update through the editor is only available on Mastermind PBC and LT units built March 2019 or later."

How can you tell when your LT was made?

The easiest (and most accurate) way to check is to hold the 1 and 3 buttons as you power up the LT. You should get a message saying "Mastermind Bootloader". If it reports version 1.0, it's older. If it reports 2.0, it's newer and supports firmware updates through the editor. Restart the Mastermind to get it back to normal operating mode.

Hi Ron

Long sysex messages over USB still isn't working for me in v4.4. MIDI DIN still works fine.
I'm also still having dramas with MIDI forward/merge from the MIDI ports to USB. I plugged in a Behringer BCF2000 to the MIDI ports and monitored the USB MIDI, it seems as though one value of a continuous controller (e.g. fader/rotary) goes through but no more values make it through until you stop for a second and move again. Then only one value goes through again.... Let me know if it's just me :)

Cheers
Paul

Hi Ron

Long sysex messages over USB still isn't working for me in v4.4.1. Do you have a .rjs file with an example of it working?

No probs over MIDI DIN ports...

Cheers
Paul

Hi Ron

Long sysex messages over USB still isn't working for me in v4.4.1. Do you have a .rjs file with an example of it working?

No probs over MIDI DIN ports...

Cheers
Paul

I can confirm it's still not working. I'll try to get a 4.4.2 out soon.

4.4.2 now available, includes Source Audio Collider support plus bug fixes (including sysex issue above)

YESSSSS!! You sir are are a genius! Long sysex MIDI messages are now working over USB, thank you!!!

Cheers
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back