HELP!

Raymond Sigarlaki

Hi, i just got my PBC 10, a noob question, how can i save the presets i make on my Timeline/Bigsky to the presets on my PBC on the fly? i tried to hold the "loops" button, it said saved, but when i recalled that preset, it didn't call out the preset on the TL/BS i just saved.
The idea is, sometimes i need to make quick adjustment on stage, so how to save those new adjustments on my PBC presets? It seems to me, the midi communication is one directional only, whatever adjustment i make on the TL/BS won't be 'recognized' by the PBC.
Thanks

Just to clarify, you're switching to different presets on the Strymon pedals, and you want the PBC to detect on which presets you do this?

The answer is that it isn't possible for the PBC to automatically detect the changes - any preset change needs to originate at the PBC for it to register and be saved. However, there is a simple solution. If you're using the PBC editor, go to the button page, double click any button, and click the Button Type drop down in the upper left. In there you'll see an option for "Device PC +" and "Device PC -". If you program a button with this function (and select the device it applies to), then when pressed, you will move up or down one preset from the one currently selected for that preset. If you change presets on a device using this method and save, then the PBC will save the change.

Personally, I would recommend creating a page on your PBC that is dedicated to changing presets on your various MIDI pedals, with buttons to increase and decrease presets for each pedal. Many of us do exactly that specifically because we want to be able to do what you're asking.

Just to clarify, you're switching to different presets on the Strymon pedals, and you want the PBC to detect on which presets you do this?

The answer is that it isn't possible for the PBC to automatically detect the changes - any preset change needs to originate at the PBC for it to register and be saved. However, there is a simple solution. If you're using the PBC editor, go to the button page, double click any button, and click the Button Type drop down in the upper left. In there you'll see an option for "Device PC +" and "Device PC -". If you program a button with this function (and select the device it applies to), then when pressed, you will move up or down one preset from the one currently selected for that preset. If you change presets on a device using this method and save, then the PBC will save the change.

Personally, I would recommend creating a page on your PBC that is dedicated to changing presets on your various MIDI pedals, with buttons to increase and decrease presets for each pedal. Many of us do exactly that specifically because we want to be able to do what you're asking.
Thank you, Yes that's what i did, i watched a youtube video on how to do that. Thanks

Back