Preset Chooses Another Preset?

cgscotto

Hello,
This problem has me pulling my hair out. I believe I have tried everything to fix the problem but without any luck.

Problem: This problem only affects preset 1.
A) When I start my rig up, I choose preset 1
B) I choose another preset (any one it does not matter)
C) I try to choose preset 1 after moving another preset
D) Preset 1 briefly appears, but then somehow preset 5 is selected, as if a bank selection command was sent that choose the first preset on the next bank.
E) To get back to preset 1, I have to choose bank down and select preset 1, which does select preset 1
F) If I then choose preset 2 and then try to move back to preset 1, preset 1 briefly appears but it jumps right to preset 5.

This is driving me crazy because I have checked everything, and I cannot see what is causing the problem. I am going to upload the rjs file incase that helps. I appreciate any help you can offer.

Attachments

• JP-2C.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I don't have an LT in front of me, but I notice that you have MIDI Receive Channel set to channel 9. You also have your Ventris pedal set to channel 9. Do you have MIDI connections looped back to the LT's MIDI input? If so, program changes intended for the Ventris could be coming back around and changing the LT's preset number. You can easily test this theory by disconnecting the plug from MIDI In, or settings MIDI Receive Channel to None.

That fixed it! I knew it was something I just wasn't seeing. I completely missed that I had both the Ventris and the MIDI Receive Channel set to 9. This also explains why when selecting preset 1 it would go to the first preset on the next bank because the first preset on the next bank is the only other preset where the Ventris programmed. I changed the MIDI channel for the Ventris to 10, and all is well. Thank you so much for your help. Great products and great support!

Any news on the replacement for the mini-amp gizmo? Also, sorry to see the mini-line mixer go. I have two of them, and I love them.

That fixed it! I knew it was something I just wasn't seeing. I completely missed that I had both the Ventris and the MIDI Receive Channel set to 9. This also explains why when selecting preset 1 it would go to the first preset on the next bank because the first preset on the next bank is the only other preset where the Ventris programmed. I changed the MIDI channel for the Ventris to 10, and all is well. Thank you so much for your help. Great products and great support!

Any news on the replacement for the mini-amp gizmo? Also, sorry to see the mini-line mixer go. I have two of them, and I love them.

Both need some redesign if we're to continue making them. I'm not sure when I'll have time to do it at this point, things are a little crazy right now, as you all know. I'm running a 1 man shop at this point due to the stay at home order.

Back