Double Press Function Switch

cgscotto

I am trying to use the Function switches on the LT with the External Switch jack on the Ventris Reverb pedal. I have the selector switch on the Ventris set to switch. The switching guide for the the function I am trying to switch say they are latching types, which seems to be the default type on the LT.

My problem is that it take four presses of the function switch to turn the function on and off, so
Press 1 does nothing
Press 2 activates the function
Press 3 does nothing
Press 4 deactivates the function

I have tried inverting in the Globals Tab, setting the On/Off to both ON in the actions (which leaves the switch activated).

Any thoughts?

It sure sounds like it's expecting a momentary switch. Regardless of what the manual says, I recommend trying to set the function switch to momentary and see what happens. Turn off invert, and reset the action to off:OFF on:ON when you do this.

That did it. Once I changed the switch to momentary, it worked perfectly. I will write to Source Audio to let them know that their manual may contain an error. I now know how to recognize when a supposedly latching switch is actually behaving like a momentary switch. Thanks again. I really appreciate the great support you provide.

UPDATE: I am posting this additional information to help anyone using the LT with a Ventris Reverb (or Nemesis Delay). When you use the LT function switches to control the Ventris 1/4" external switches function, they substitute for the pedal's foot switches.The Ventris manual distinguishes between when you tap a foot switch and press and hold a foot switch. Tapping a foot switch is referred to as "latching" while press and hold is referred to as "momentary" in the manual. These functions are not mirrored by the external foot switches, which is what I believed. That is, to activate the latching function use a latching external switch. You don't have to worry about "momentary" mode because you can't control that function with an external foot switch. The weird thing is to control the "latching" function with an external switch, the external switch has to be set to momentary, not latching. I guess this makes sense since you are "tapping" the function on and off. In any event, setting both of the LT's function switches to momentary makes the Ventris external switches functions the way one would expect from reading the manual. HTH.

Last edited:
Back