Switching Tremolo on Source Audio True spring

trulsux

Hi,
Got a Source Audio True spring and want to switch the tremolo on/off with one of the control switchers on my PBC.... tried with a TRS- mini TRS ... its not workin good ( something happens with the True spring)
It works fine switching just touching the TRS side of the cable when it´s not connected to the PBC :)

Tried all the settings in the PBC for the control switch....

Anyone using the True Spring in this way with the PBC? What cable are you using?

Cheers/
Truls

Never used one of those pedals, so I don't know. The pedal's manual isn't terribly clear, but it mentions that the pedal has a TRRS (not TRS) jack? Whatever they're doing, it's definitely not standard.

Are you saying you literally are just touching the TRS plug and it's working?

Hi,
Got a Source Audio True spring and want to switch the tremolo on/off with one of the control switchers on my PBC.... tried with a TRS- mini TRS ... its not workin good ( something happens with the True spring)
It works fine switching just touching the TRS side of the cable when it´s not connected to the PBC :)

Tried all the settings in the PBC for the control switch....

Anyone using the True Spring in this way with the PBC? What cable are you using?

Cheers/
Truls

I've used their pedals before. The control jack is a TRRS and is made to be used solely with their Neuro hub. It's a proprietary thing, so the chances of you getting it working with a TRS cable are practically nil unfortunately. If you really want to do this, you're going to need to pick up a Neuro hub and hook it up to the PBC via MIDI.

...and they do have a tapswitch for it but with TRRS connectors...Is it possible to make a TRS-TRRS cable?

Last edited:
It does seem that there is a mode where you can get it to work with just a switch and the Neuro hub isn't necessary (disclaimer: I've never used this pedal). The fact that it triggers just by touching the cable is a little puzzling. My best guess is that you'll need an adapter cable, one that that's a little odd. It will probably need a resistor in the cable as a signal pull up.

I recommend asking them if they would provide a schematic of their external switch, or tell us exactly what kind of switch the pedal expects.

Got an answer..... so will a cable like this work with my pbc?

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2020-06-10 kl. 21.22.40.png
    Skärmavbild 2020-06-10 kl. 21.22.40.png
    197.7 KB · Views: 7
If you replace the pushbutton switch in the diagram with a 1/4" TS plug, it should work. (The PBC doesn't need TRS unless your device accepts two switches on its footswitch jack).

Great! could I do it on one half of a TRS and use the other to switch somethinge else?

No, I wouldn't recommend that. That would be connecting the two pedals' switching jacks together. It could work, but it also end up with electrical issues including ground loops.

Back