MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 4.5.1 / EDITOR 4.5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Another new release for you...

FEATURES:
  • (UNTESTED) Support for Fractal Audio FM3 and Strymon Compadre. Please let me know how these work for you!
  • Dev PC -/+ and IA buttons that select presets on devices can now be linked together so that selecting one updates the other. Any time a PC or bank message is sent to a device - for any reason - the Dev PC buttons will update to reflect the new numbers. If an IA button has a CC0 or CC32 action followed by a PC action as the first two messages, or just a PC action as the first action, and IA Link is turned on, the IA button will respond to other IA buttons and the Dev PC -/+ buttons. For example, a button that sends PC 10 to a device will automatically turn on when PC 10 is sent to the device, even if it was sent by another button.
  • The MIDI Merge setting has been broken into In, Out and USB settings. You can use these to choose which ports are forwarded to the output, and which aren't. If you were merging from the In to the Out port, you will have to manually turn on the Merge: In setting after upgrading to this release. The Out setting is new and allows the input side of the bidirectional MIDI Out port to be forwarded out the MIDI Out port, which wasn't possible before.
  • When MIDI Receive Channel is set to something other than None, incoming CC119 messages on that channel will change the page number on the GT. CC 119, value 0 will select page 1, CC 119 value will select page 2, etc. This CC number is not user configurable yet, but will be in a later release.
  • Axe-Fx channel select menu now highlights the currently active channel name.

BUG FIXES:
  • Fixed editor drag-to-swap feature - it didn't work correctly when dragging to external switches
  • Fixed some CC values for Strymon pedals
  • Fixed special characters in preset, song and setlist names - for example, you can put a '\' character in a song name to force a line break (primarily useful if you have "Show Song Name Only" turned on)
  • Fixed scrolling of file names when loading settings or selecting a firmware file to upgrade - you can now select from a list that's longer than the screen can display all at the same time.
FIXES IN 4.5.1:
  • Fixed IA Cycle Menu to correctly show which option is currently selected
  • Fixed scene handling to update scene buttons properly when switching to a local page
  • Fixed Auto setting for MIDI clock - it wasn't working when receiving clock over USB
TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.2 or earlier, your GT will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind GT while holding the two buttons under the main screen.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind GT Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your GT. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGT451.zip

Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.5.0.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.5.0.zip

Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Mastermind GT Manual-4.3.pdf (update coming soon)

Editor Manual (not updated for 4.4 yet): http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki

Last edited:
Another new release for you...

FEATURES:
  • (UNTESTED) Support for Fractal Audio FM3 and Strymon Compadre. Please let me know how these work for you!
  • Dev PC -/+ and IA buttons that select presets on devices can now be linked together so that selecting one updates the other. Any time a PC or bank message is sent to a device - for any reason - the Dev PC buttons will update to reflect the new numbers. If an IA button has a CC0 or CC32 action followed by a PC action as the first two messages, or just a PC action as the first action, and IA Link is turned on, the IA button will respond to other IA buttons and the Dev PC -/+ buttons. For example, a button that sends PC 10 to a device will automatically turn on when PC 10 is sent to the device, even if it was sent by another button.
  • The MIDI Merge setting has been broken into In, Out and USB settings. You can use these to choose which ports are forwarded to the output, and which aren't. If you were merging from the In to the Out port, you will have to manually turn on the Merge: In setting after upgrading to this release. The Out setting is new and allows the input side of the bidirectional MIDI Out port to be forwarded out the MIDI Out port, which wasn't possible before.
  • When MIDI Receive Channel is set to something other than None, incoming CC119 messages on that channel will change the page number on the GT. CC 119, value 0 will select page 1, CC 119 value will select page 2, etc. This CC number is not user configurable yet, but will be in a later release.

BUG FIXES:
  • Fixed editor drag-to-swap feature - it didn't work correctly when dragging to external switches
  • Fixed some CC values for Strymon pedals
  • Fixed special characters in preset, song and setlist names - for example, you can put a '\' character in a song name to force a line break (primarily useful if you have "Show Song Name Only" turned on)
  • Fixed scrolling of file names when loading settings or selecting a firmware file to upgrade - you can now select from a list that's longer than the screen can display all at the same time.
TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.2 or earlier, your GT will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind GT while holding the two buttons under the main screen.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind GT Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your GT. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGT450.zip

Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.5.0.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.5.0.zip

Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Mastermind GT Manual-4.3.pdf (update coming soon)

Editor Manual (not updated for 4.4 yet): http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki
Awesome Ron thanks!!!! I’ll test it tomorrow with my FM3 and Keep you posted ....!!

Last edited:
Rob —
Absolutely LOVE the AFX3 “channel” indicator using text reversal! Simpler/slicker than my “color highlight” idea, works superbly, and maintains the existing GT “function style”.

Thank you, Sir!
Bruce

I'm still having the issue where the default scene (1) is not showing on when changing presets on my III. Is there something I can change settings on to get that back?

EDIT: fixed in 4.5.1

Last edited:

This doesn't seem to work yet for each block. E.g., it doesn't work with my Drive 2 and Drive 3 blocks.

@rjmmusic

Last edited:
Also, the FM3 implementation seems fine!

I just changed the device in my configuration from Axe-Fx III to FM3, and everything works, without further adjustments. Including getting preset (and scene) names, update preset name, engaging/bypassing blocks, switching channels.

To make connected pedals and switches, I had to adjust some FM3 MIDI/Remote settings, of course.

Wonderful.

Also, the FM3 implementation seems fine!

I just changed the device in my configuration from Axe-Fx III to FM3, and everything works, without further adjustments. Including getting preset (and scene) names, update preset name, engaging/bypassing blocks, switching channels.

To make connected pedals and switches, I had to adjust some FM3 MIDI/Remote settings, of course.

Wonderful.

Interesting... I'm working with someone who says that he's not getting effect block status updates from the FM3, but communication works in the GT->FM3 direction and tap/tuner are ok. That's all working for you? Does Poll State seem to track all changes made on the FM3 or editor?

Stupid me, I tested only GT > FM3 traffic.

I tested again and indeed, the GT does NOT show effect block updates (on preset switching nor bypassing single blocks). The GT does follow preset switching on the FM3 (without the block updates). So it seems related to CCs.

I only used the FM3 hardware, not the editor.

I'll inform Fractal's developers.

Hey @rjmmusic thanks for the really great update!

Axe-Fx channel select menu now highlights the currently active channel name.

Just wanted to put on your radar, the above doesn't work for some of the effects. I've just tested with Delay, Chorus, Tremelo, Phaser and Rotary, but not checked them all.

That said, it definitely works for Drives, Reverbs and other main components - very useful idea, thank you!!

Axe-Fx channel select menu now highlights the currently active channel name.
After updating to 4.5.0 from 4.4.0 all my channel definitions are set to color Black and the active channel is not highlighted when I drop into channel for any block. I'm running AFIII firmware 12.14 -- is this what's expected post-update? Will I need to update all my button definitions to define a color per-channel?

Edit Edit: So possibly the lost colors are PEBKAC on my part -- it seems my lower pages have color settings on channel select still so maybe I just forgot them on the upper pages? Not a big deal.

Only issue is active channel not working for some blocks!

Here's what I see post-update:

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 5.25.11 PM.png
If I set them all to Aqua and send the changes to my GT-22, after holding down the button to select a channel they are all indeed Aqua coloured, but evenly so. There's no indication in channel view that Channel A is the currently active channel. What should I have seen in channel select mode in this case? I was expecting something to differentiate Channel A from B, C and D here as a result of the release note.

I tried playing around with On Color and Both Color as well to no avail here. I'm actually not sure what those settings in hold mode actually control when the switch is setup for IA Cycle with a Menu like this.

Thanks!

Edit: Just say @AdrianG's post above and my problem here might be that I'm trying this with a chorus block. Flanger and Reverb blocks in this preset do show the active channel in the channel select mode. Though, the colors have all been set back to black.

Last edited:
Thx for the clarification. Wouldn’t have correctly guessed that one either. I’m a big fan of PE — “Pilot Error”...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back