DIY Bogner interface cable?

laxu

Planning to buy a used Mini Amp Gizmo but the seller does not have a cable that would work for my amp and having one made and imported to my country would get pretty expensive. Looking at the pics of the official interface cable there does not seem to be much going on there.

I can solder, so would making a cable for my Bogner Goldfinger 45 Superlead be as easy as getting 7 and 8 pin DIN connectors, cable with enough wires and then wiring them together? Is there a pinout for these available somewhere on how they work at the Mini Amp Gizmo end?

Plan is to control all the features of my GF45 with my Line6 Helix Floor.

Here's the diagram we use to build the Goldfinger cable.

Attachments

• AC-GOLDFINGER.pdf
    336.1 KB · Views: 30
Update! I managed to make an interface cable for my GF 45 SL. I took a MIDI cable, cut off the ends and soldered 8-pin DIN connectors to it according to the diagram above. Fiddly work but not too bad.

Everything else works except the boost. Was able to switch channels with 1 and 2 buttons, turn on fx loop with 6 and toggle reverb with 8. The Superlead version of the amp no longer has the pre-loop feature and that should have been replaced with the boost but maybe it is wired differently? The stock floorboard has separate switches for clean and OD boost. I would be fine if I got the OD boost feature working as the front panel switch does nothing if the switcher cable is connected.

When setting up the amp I had found some picture of the GF45 instructions where it said to turn the Amp Gizmo on while holding 8, then pressing 2. Is this correct?

That setting is correct, all it does is set it up for a 2 channel amp (preventing you from turning on switches 1 and 2 at the same time)

If the cable is wired correctly, I'm not sure what the problem is. You might try opening up the amp's footswitch and figure out which pin the OD boost switch is connected to.

Turns out the wiring was correct but the wire sheath for the boost was snagged a little bit at the Goldfinger end and was making contact with the shield braid. Nothing a little electrical tape could not fix and now the boost works! Thanks for all the help!

So for anyone who finds this, the schematic linked in this thread works fine for the Bogner Goldfinger 45 Superlead as well. You need to also invert some of the functionalities by powering the Mini Amp Gizmo with switch 2 held, then press 5,6 and 8 to invert those and press write.

Back