Midi preset issue

Pete Solo

I have set up my presets and arranged these into my song & set list.

My H9 is not changing to the midi preset being sent by PBC, but only in one preset.

I have turned off the H9 and tried to set up a separate instruction to change to the correct patch.

I have rebooted PBC and reloaded the full settings

I have also reloaded my patches on H9.

Whatever I have tried, on that preset, H9 is not receiving the correct midi pc number.

All the other H9 patches are correct and change as per what has been set up on PBC.

I have no idea why this seems to happen on only the one preset.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

The issue might be the button the preset is assigned to. Make sure you don't have any quirky settings. I'm imagining having the 'send on preset change' deselected for that one button. Just a quick thought. Good luck!

Thanks for your suggestion.

As far as I can see, there are no additional settings I have made and there are no actions listed under presets.

I have simply changed the PC messages for the device shown, (in my case - it's supposed to be preset 10 on my H9).

Whatever I do, the H9 seems to default to preset 5.

I have changed the message to an alternative preset, reloaded the information via the computer editor to PBC, reloaded all my sounds to H9 and this issue is the same every time.

I have also tried to add in a Preset action to instruct H9 to turn on preset 10, but this doesn't work either.

I'm really stuck with this.

My H9 seems to be working correctly and for all the other presets, it changes to what I have selected.

I am going to try to make a replacement preset and delete the offending version as that's the only thing I haven't yet tried.

I appreciate your help.

Cheers

I have the EXACT same issue with my PBC and H9 as well. Most of my presets work fine. i send it PC1 to 10 and it works fine. I send it PC 12-20 and it works fine. I send it PC11 and it fails. I've copied working buttons and changed the PC number and nope, no cigar. In the end, I decided to move the presets on the H9 itself to match what it thinks the PBC is sending.

I have the EXACT same issue with my PBC and H9 as well. Most of my presets work fine. i send it PC1 to 10 and it works fine. I send it PC 12-20 and it works fine. I send it PC11 and it fails. I've copied working buttons and changed the PC number and nope, no cigar. In the end, I decided to move the presets on the H9 itself to match what it thinks the PBC is sending.

That's really interesting to learn.

I could move the presets but this really shouldn't be necessary as PCB can send out midi pc and cc.

I did this whilst I (briefly) owned a G2, but this 'work around' isn't really what I wanted (and I guess, same with yourself too).

I have emailed Eventide support as I think the problem must be H9, considering I made an identical preset on PCB, replaced the original song preset and H9 did exactly the same thing.

Since doing this, I took H9 back to factory settings and then, reloaded my saved presets (which I fortunately have on my iPad).

That has seemed to have done the trick, but not without 'casualties'.

I now find my wah. whammy and sequencer on the IA main page are all messed up and not working.

As I'm new here and I haven't fully decided on the best way to set up my effects, I'm probably going to have to rethink a few things.

I'm trying to keep the real estate on the board to the minimum and also, using Pitchy (in place of a Whammy pedal) and H9 in place of a wah pedal.

I'm sure I will get there in the end.

Thanks for your help which I appreciate.

Cheers

It's absolutely an annoying issue that wasted a bunch of my time. It shouldn't be that way, but I just don't have enough hours in the day, so fixing it by swapping the presets works for the moment. If your post factory reset patches aren't working, go into the H9's MIDI mapping section and make sure that the CC's still match what the PBC is sending.

It's absolutely an annoying issue that wasted a bunch of my time. It shouldn't be that way, but I just don't have enough hours in the day, so fixing it by swapping the presets works for the moment. If your post factory reset patches aren't working, go into the H9's MIDI mapping section and make sure that the CC's still match what the PBC is sending.

I could do that (as I had to do with the G2).

As I use several of my presets on H9 (and my other midi effects) in a few songs, I wanted to avoid having to map pedals internally. That was one of the considerations that attracted me to PCB in the first instance.

At least H9 has this ability, but it's not really what you (or I) want ultimately.

Like yourself, I'll probably find something that works and just stick with that (hoping any software update doesn't affect these settings down the line).

This lockdown has at least allowed the time to deal with these things. Under normal circumstances, it would have taken a lot longer with less available time.

Keep well

Cheers

It seems that reconfiguring ing my pedalboard is an ongoing hobby / obsession (insert smily thing here).

Since I can't imagine gigging anytime ever at this point, I'm now focused on breadth rather than execution speed. Each of my preset buttons has an alternate preset so two buttons give me 4 presets. Each IA button cycles between 3 effects so three buttons give me 9 effects. A button swaps between two amps on the Iridium so 2 more sounds. Blah blah. Here she is in between labels.

Attachments

• IMG_1839.jpg
    IMG_1839.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
It seems that reconfiguring ing my pedalboard is an ongoing hobby / obsession (insert smily thing here).

Since I can't imagine gigging anytime ever at this point, I'm now focused on breadth rather than execution speed. Each of my preset buttons has an alternate preset so two buttons give me 4 presets. Each IA button cycles between 3 effects so three buttons give me 9 effects. A button swaps between two amps on the Iridium so 2 more sounds. Blah blah. Here she is in between labels.

No one knows when the live scene will be restored and if it comes back, how it will be.

We are in that business and know loads of musicians in a dire state as well as venues that will be in trouble if this drags on for a long time.

That said, we must carry on however best that is. So spending time with sorting your rig is a positive thing.

It sounds like an interesting set up with the dual functions per button.

I have been thinking of how I could make use of those IA button cycles. Maybe I can use that to have some alternative sounds on those main page “stomp” style effects.

I’ve set up my PCB so that I just need to go to the next preset most of the time, but I wanted those main page buttons to add in my wah etc which won’t necessarily be on the whole time in any preset.

It’s a lot of thinking and advance planning to get these rigs to work in the way that suits you.

I’ve been mapping things on spreadsheets so I know which presets are on each sound.

I haven’t done much yet with my Iridium other than to find a few decent sounds and make notes of the settings on my spreadsheet.

That will be sorted once I have the rest of my back ordered effects and can get the board built.

I need it all there in order to see how sounds work with the effects.

It’s a long process

Cheers

Back