IA indicators never go active

brakho

New member. I'm using Page 2 in the conventional manner, configuring buttons to send CC toggle messages to bypass/activate effects (all my effects are MIDI controllable). The process functions perfectly with the exception that in Page 1 preset mode, the IA indicators never turn "on". Is this function hardwired or hardcoded to be always active? I've scoured all the editor menus and tried flipping just about every option that could possibly disable the indicators but have yet to ever see an indicator go active.

A few things to check:

- Make sure On Color and Off Color are set to different colors. If they're set to the same color, the button's indicator will never change.
- Make sure Max Page is set to at least 2. If it's set to 1, button page 2 won't really function

That's the best I can do without seeing your settings file.

Thanks for the prompt reply Ron. By IA indicators, I'm referring to the square status icons on the very top row of the LCD display (along with the statuses of the two function switches which I'm currently not using), which are what they are referred to in the manual. The Preset page 1 and IA page 2 function perfectly, just no effect on/off statuses on the display. The six button indicators work as programmed - a mutually exclusive green light on the active preset (black for the remaining five inactive buttons) on page 1 and blue lights for each and every active effect and black for the inactive ones on page 2. The Function button is programmed to toggle between the two pages on press and IA Store on hold.

I tried reproducing the problem, but was unable to. Are you using the latest firmware (4.5.0)? If so, I can look at your settings file if you'd like.

I am running firmware 4.5.0. I've uploaded the current settings file. FYI, as a drill, I enabled the function switches in a couple of presets to see if they would activate and they did (heard the relays click and both indicators on the display turned on). Thanks!

Attachments

• mmlt092820.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Ok, the reason is that you have Global turned on for those buttons. A global button basically means that page 1's button appears on every page. There isn't any page 2 button at all, that's why page 2's state is not displayed.

You currently have Global turned on for all buttons, which means that all buttons are the same on every page, rendering pages 2-16 useless. I recommend turning off Global on your buttons, copying page 1 to page 2, then editing the buttons on page 2 to make them IA buttons instead of preset buttons. This would make one page of presets and one page of IA buttons. If I understand what you're trying to do, that would get you there.

Thanks! I got it to work by, as you suggested, turning off global preset buttons and creating a page 2 IA button page. I see that while I was able to get the functionality I wanted, I did it within the framework of a single page and just toggling between preset and IA modes, thus not utilizing the page 2 exclusive feature of the IA indicators. Good exercise for me to get a better understanding of how this brilliant machine works! In playing around with the settings, I stumbled upon how local button pages can be programmed on a preset by preset basis for even more functionality. While I don't need it now, that's a really powerful tool for a future expansion. Thanks again, Ron!

Back