Routing the DD 500 delay and midi questions

It depends... Do you want to have it set up so selecting a preset on the PBC selects a preset on the DD-500? Or, do you want some dedicated buttons that recall a few specific presets on the DD-500, without changing anything else on the PBC?

Those 2 scenarios sound similar
On the DD I have Bank 1a with a rhythm delay and I would like to assign it to PBC far left too and bottom buttons -my 2 rock tones
Bank 1b on the DD would be assigned to button 2 on the PBC for solos and to a few other spots

How do I do this in the editor?

thanks!

The difference between the two scenarios is that the first ties in the DD-500 switching with everything in your rig, recalling a preset on your delay, turning on or off loops, selecting presets on other devices, etc. All at the same time with one button press. The latter option only controls the DD-500.

Sounds like you want the latter, so edit a button and set as follows:

Mode: Normal
Type: IA
Group: 1 (assuming you're not using that group for anything else)
Turn these checkboxes on: Send on Preset Change, Update on Preset Change, IA Link. All others should be off
Set name and colors as desired
Add one action to the button:

DD-500 / PC off:None on:0

The other button should be the same, except the action should be:

DD-500 / PC off:None on:1

For the single Midi cable routing Is it Out of the PBC to IN on the Boss delay because the PBC is telling the delay what presets to access?

I’ve just got a PBC 6X and am trying to set it up to switch presets on my DD500 and Line 6 M5 via midi. It’s happy to switch the loops on my GLab Midi 4x Loop but it’s not switching the presets on the DD500 properly. It keeps going to the wrong ones. And it doesn’t switch the M5 at all. The midi lead order is 6X Midi out - DD500 in/DD500 out - GLab in/GLab Thru - M5 in. The DD500 is set to device 1, the M5 device 2 and the GLab device 3. Any help?

There are only two possibilities:

1). Something's still wrong with the DD-500 MIDI channel. I'm pretty sure that Boss devices have a MIDI transmit and MIDI receive channel. Make sure the MIDI receive channel is set to whatever you've selected in the PBC, and MIDI transmit channel is set to none. Also make sure none of your devices are on the same channel.
2). You may have conflicting sources of program changes. If you created IA buttons that send program changes, you may need to make sure that Send on Preset Change is not turned on.

Back