GT22 switching both AXE FXIII blocks AND Hex on/off using IA and standard presets

Robert Payne

Hi Ron, I'm sure this is covered somewhere, but I couldn't find it. I have the AXE FX III setup as a device and buttons are assigned to blocks. They turn on and off if I click the button, but they don't "obey the GT22 button state" as a preset. (Presets are standard presents to recall loops on the Hex.)

So if the preset doesn't have a block on, I engage the assigned button and the block stays on until I click off the button. Voodoo Lab Hex works perfectly recalling the loop on preset and buttons assigned to CC# IA. Any ideas?

Buttons that control the Axe-Fx blocks are, by default, under control of the Axe-Fx. They follow the state of the effect blocks in the Axe-Fx presets, not any state stored in the GT.

That's what the button settings Send on Preset Change / Update on Preset Change is for. If you turn them on, then the GT has control of the buttons and you can store and recall states for those buttons, which will force the Axe-Fx to change the block states.

Ok, I'll make sure those are checked. do they need to be checked for each button? what about blocks that are assigned via CC# (the ones that didn't auto load to the GT22?

Any and all buttons that you want to have respond to preset changes need to have those settings turned on.

Hi Ron, that didn't work. I've attached the file so you can see what I'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• 06122021 - GT22 and AXEFXIII.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
The buttons need to have both Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned on (I only see Update turned on in your settings). Also, try turning off Poll State in Devices, it might be interfering.

Back