RJM GT22 - Axe3 skipping preset

Had a gig last night and it happened again; I should note that I am running 4.5.1 due to a back up issue with the latest software to a thumb drive.

Jumped from preset 451 to 193. Had to reboot.
Did you have Direct Send PC/CC and Send Redundant PC turned on at the time?

Same or similar thing happens here too. Using a Axe-Fx III Mk II.
Preset changes above 128 just take effect for a fraction of second and then the GT switches to a preset between 0 - 127. It seems that it starts to happen after I've used the front panel or Axe-Edit (instead of the GT) to switch presets but I can't reproduce it consistently.

Experimented a lot with system settings (including the above) but can't get it solved that way.

Dis- and reconnecting the cable does solve the issue (I use the 6-pin XLR).

Last edited:
I did 8 sets last weekend with no issues after making the changes mentioned above but I'm not counting chickens yet, it's taken a while for the issue to reoccur in the past.

It's definitely related to the Axe-Fx, and I'm pretty sure only the Axe-Fx III. It's never been reported on any other device. I've still never been able to reproduce it here. Still, I have an idea of something to try in the next release. If that doesn't work, the problem is probably in the Axe-Fx itself.

I'm finally nearing the end of the Mini Effect Gizmo X release process, and should be able to work on this next week.

I am dealing with the same issue but with my Strymon BigSky and Timeline jumping to unexpected presets. I have tried all of the suggested RJM device setting options in this thread, plus the settings recommended from Strymon re: Bank & PC select approaches. It's just so inconsistent that it is difficult to pinpoint.

I am dealing with the same issue but with my Strymon BigSky and Timeline jumping to unexpected presets. I have tried all of the suggested RJM device setting options in this thread, plus the settings recommended from Strymon re: Bank & PC select approaches. It's just so inconsistent that it is difficult to pinpoint.
If it is a bank issue, it should manifest itself as a big difference in preset numbers, off by 128 or a multiple of it. If it's just off by a number or two, it's almost always the case that you have conflicting button settings, where multiple buttons are triggering during a preset change, and they're all sending program change messages to the pedal(s).

Remember, that every button that has Send on Preset Change will run its actions, sending its messages, every time you change presets. It doesn't matter what page it's on. This gets people all the time.

If it is a bank issue, it should manifest itself as a big difference in preset numbers, off by 128 or a multiple of it.

I had this suddenly begin to happen yesterday, without having made changes to config / programming. I went through all of my settings on the AxeFX III and the MMGT10. Both are running the most current FW. Rebooted both devices, swapped out MIDI cable, and still had the same issue. I wondered if my sysex was wonky, so I did a factory reset on the MMGT10 and reloaded. Same issue. I ultimately went back to a MMGT10 sysex that I had stored a month ago; loaded that one, and all was well again. It was a little baffling, but I was able to get things working again. Worth mentioning: I did have Axe-Edit running at the same time, but I disabled communications to see if that would help. It seemed like the MMGT was jumping up several banks, and at times, scrolling endlessly through presets in sequence. I don't think it's a sticky button because it occurred if I sent a preset selection command from the AxeFX III, and also if I used Axe-Edit to select a preset.

If it happens again, I'll capture the MIDI stream to see what's going on.

4.6.2 is now out, and it includes fixes for MIDI bank support and previous preset. Hopefully this fixes the issue you're all seeing!
Super... i will try, im very sure it was the "Previous Preset button " that wat the couse of the issue havent had a problem since i removed that function but it does have som delay updating the displays when i change preset thats new... i will reload the last one with "Previous Preset button" and see what happens... cheers

Hi guys i did the update and used the "Previous Preset button " it seems to be working fine but still slow updating on presetchange

This happened to me again at a gig this week and I was able to recreate the problem. I was on preset 49, selected a new preset using the Preset + button, should've gone to preset 42 which was programmed in my setlist, instead jumped to preset 177 in the Axe III. Once there, I've found no way to get back without power cycling the mastermind. I'm on the latest firmware and tried the suggestions above, "Direct Send PC/CC" and "Send Redundant PC's". Also tried the CC #0 suggestion to get back down a bank with no luck. Completely baffled.

Back