engl e570 issue

ashbone

I use the editor to select the device. I have an engl e570 preamp, but there is no engl option in the device menu. I set it to generic. Is there anything else that needs to be set? At the same time, I would like to ask how to use PBC10 to control e570. I checked the manual of engl e570. There is nothing about using midi pc or cc commands in it. So, can you give me some advice?

From a quick look at the manual, it should be pretty straightforward. Setting up as a generic device is correct. The only other setting needed in the PBC is MIDI channel. The MIDI channel set in the PBC's Devices section needs to match the MIDI channel set on the amp, and it can't be the same channel as any other MIDI device you may have in your system. Page 19 of the E570 manual shows how to set the MIDI channel on the amp.

With that done, all you have to do is program the amp for each preset. It does respond to MIDI PC messages. The programming process is described on page 23 of the E570 manual.

Hello,i test pbc 10 ament ago,i found a issue.i have 5 midi devices,strymon mobius,timeline,bigsky,rjm mini amp gizmo and engl e570,i set channel
MOBIUS 1,
TIMELINE 2
BIGSKY 3
MINI AMP GIZMO 4,
ENGL E570 5.
I set 3 test preset on editor,1st preset: mobius pc1 ,time line pc2;2nd preset timeline pc4,bisky pc3,mag pc5;3rd preset mobius pc2,mag pc4.but when i press L1,2,3 button,Only the mobius changes, other devices do not move. I thought it was a cable problem. I used a midi cable to connect the devices behind the mobius separately. Except for the e570, I didn't connect it, and every device worked normally. I connected the mobius midi thru with this single wire to timeline, and the situation returned to the same as it was at the beginning. Connected to the timeline thru, the equipment behind is also inactive. Did I miss anything in the settings?

Last edited:
Check the MIDITH setting in the Mobius' global settings, and make sure it's set to MERGE.

Hi,The previous post solved the problem of strymon, but engl e570 still can't control it. I connected the e570 with TC GSYSTEM, pressed a preset button, and then stored it on the 570, everything went as expected. when i connect pbc10, this method does not work at all. engl's manual does not clearly state any pc value, do I need to set something on pbc? On the device page, e570 is a general-purpose device, and the midi channel is 5. As shown in the figure, what else have I not set?

Attachments

• engl.png
    engl.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 3
The settings look fine to me. I recommend this test: temporarily set one of your pedals to channel 5 (on the pedal itself), and see if it responds to program changes from the PBC. If it does, the problem has to be in the E570's settings, or some other external issue.

When you tested with the G-System, was the G-System set to send on channel 5?

I set mobius on channel 5,work fine.i use midi cable connect engl 570.still no work.i don't know what's wrong.use g
-system work fine.

Back