More "forgiving" tuner mode triangles?

vatore3rd

The left/right triangles appear in tuner mode only when the string is perfectly in tune. Looking for both triangles is the easiest way for me to see if I'm in tune since the number readout and the bar are harder to read at a distance.

However, getting the string to be EXACTLY in tune so the triangles appear requires a level of precision and attention that seems to be much more difficult than getting my previous PolyTune LEDs to turn green ;).

It would be cool to have an option to specify the # cents within which both triangles will appear. If set to 2, for example, then both triangles will appear when the string is within +/- 2 cents of the proper pitch. Default value would be 0 to match current behavior. This lets you trade off exact tuning accuracy for easier visibility for quick "close enough" tuning. Thanks!

Any news on this? It is great to save space on the board by having tuner included in controller. But the tuning is not very comfortable and there is space for ux improvement. Any news on this? :)

+1 on this. would be nice to see the tuner get some love. I've also noticed with my louder active basses, the tuner tends to jump around A LOT (especially on A E and B strings) making it near impossible to tune. This can be remedied by adjusting the EQ on said basses until the tuner stabilizes, but it would be nice to have some kind of sensitivity control on the tuner so this won't happen.

Back