Program Change weird behavior on AXEIII

Budro Thedog

Hi,

Some weird behavior started today after I upgraded my axe edit. When I change presets on my axeiii using axe-edit, the preset jumps +256 higher than the preset I selected. For instance, if I select preset 0 in Axe Edit, the axe jumps to preset 256. Selecting preset 5 goes to 261. If I disconnect the MMGT, Axe edit is able to select the right preset on the AXEIII.

Seems like some value is getting set +256 somehow (100 hex?).

Is anyone else having the same issue?

I did a midi capture on my AXE Midi port, and this is the message that gets sent when I change preset using axe edit:
F0 00 01 74 10 01 27 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 33 F7

AXE Edit 1.10.06
MMGT22 FR 4.7.0

I have a Effect Gizmo and Rack Gizmo in the midi chain as well. All worked fine last week! Could it be something weird in the midi coming from those? My max pc is set to 127....

Now when I click on preset 0, it goes to preset 384! Gremlins! Note, selecting a preset with the MMGT works fine, this is only when using AXE edit to change presets.

Sounds like a MIDI bank issue. Banks are 128 presets, so being off by a multiple of 128 would be consistent with that. Since this happened after upgrading, it may well be that there's a bug in Axe-Edit that was introduced in the most recent version. I recommend checking with Fractal or maybe the Fractal forum to see if others have encountered the same problem.

Well, I found the problem and of course it was user error. Last month I was messing with controlling a soft synth with the MMGT, and had added an extra device on midi channel 1 to control that soft synth. Of course, the axe is also on midi channel 1. So, I guess I really had not gone above preset 128 in long time! Regardless, I deleted the device from the MMGT and everything works perfectly now!

Back