AxeFx III scene names not updating

Justmc

I recently got my GT16 to run my AxeFx III . Everything has been going smooth except this issue . I modified a preset in Axe Edit. The parameters appear to work correctly with the GT buttons but the scene names did not update to the new names . Any info would be appreciated .. Thanks1.JPGIMG_0671.jpg

Running Newest Firmware 19.0
Newest Axe Edit ver. 1.10.06
Newest GT firmware 4.7.0
Windows 10

Attachments

• 01-22-2022.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have a GT22, but I believe the following will get resolve your issue

Go back through the setup on your GT16 (two small buttons held down) and make your way to Get Preset Names again (Edit Devices, choose device, and Get Preset Names). Follow the on-screen prompts and when complete, I believe you will be golden again.

Best of luck,
Lee

Thanks Lee for all the info ,

I assumed that the " Polling" state enabled option automatically updates this info ? Either way I did the Get Preset Names and Scene names and the process hung up half way through . Since the AxeFx firmware is new I decided to revert back to the previous version 18.03 to try and do a little troubleshooting / process of elimination .

Well, the newest firmware 19.0 on the AxeFx is a suspect . 18.03 is allowing me to Get Preset Names and Scene names completely . I went back and forth twice changing the firmware to confirm . The scene names do not automatically update on the GT16 or in the editor though when a name change is executed on the AxeFx though .

Still trying to understand the correct sequence of operation though. When working correctly, do scene names automatically update if " Polling " is enabled ? Do I have to rename the scenes in the editor manually and then transfer it to the device or do I have to manually update all preset/scene names each time I make a change ?? Does not sound right ..

Thanks again,
Mike

Last edited:
Good idea Mike. New FW can always through a wrench into the works. I haven't tried any processes post loading 19.0, but I will shortly, to see if I can confirm a potential issue for you.

Poll State does need a checkbox. Make sure Bidirectional MIDI is also checked, as that was one that I misunderstood when I first got my GT. The Scene names do automatically appear after running the Get Preset Names. Make sure you have the box checked for Show Scene Names under the Display Settings in the Global tab of the MMGT Editor. With all of these set, I see the scenes on my GT22, and I can change to another preset on my AF3, and the GT tracks.

Thank you Lee,

Just confirmed again that when I " Get Preset and Scene Names " with Firmware 19.0 it locks up on factory preset #195 . Works fine on 18.03

I have Poll State enabled in the set up menu, Bidirectional MIDI is enabled also.

I am able to see all the scene names as you mentioned.. no problems there . Question is that if I rename a scene on the AxeFx via Axe-edit how do I update that on the GT ? Do I have to retrieve all the data again from the set up menu ? Or rename it in the GT editor and send it to the GT ? Thought it might be some automatic process.

Sorry for the confusion... only have the unit for a week and getting past the learning curve.

I just completed performing Get Preset Names and had no issues with loading presets 1 - 500. It could be that your preset 195 could have gotten corrupted. You might save it to your computer, and erase the preset in your AF3, and reboot your AF3. Then try the process once again.

Any scene name changes you make after performing Get Preset Names, is unknown to the GT. The process Get Preset Names, captures the current info from the AF3 and stores it in the GT.

No worries, hope we can get you locked in.

Wow ,

Did what you suggested with preset # 195 . It is a monster of a preset so I can see why it might be an issue . All is now good with firmware 19.0 :cool:

Thank you for clearing up how scene names are handled also . Not the answer I was hoping for, but understand the process better . Have had many midi controllers over the years and each one has its own idiosyncrasies, why should this be any different ;) .

Looking forward to mastering the Mastermind .. appreciate all your help .

Back