Pedalnetics RJM PBC/6X Aux2 - 2 Button Ext. Switcher On Top of Unit

Maybe for a home user, it would work. For live use, being affixed with tape, I'd kick it loose accessing the top row of the PBC. It also encroaches the top level PBC buttons too much as I don't have elf feet. A standard small two button external switch-box has a small footprint.

That specific switch/design was a customer-request, and there's only 8 of those out in the world; a lot of the custom-job stuff doesn't sell very much/often, but it costs me nothing to leave them in the store so I do. My more general aux switches & Helix switches are definitely the larger sellers.

The adhesion method is 3m VHB, the same thing I use on my HX Stomp switches that there are definitely hundreds more of out there without issue staying in place. The underside of this switch has an inset to go over the hex head at the top of the PBC/6x, so you're able to affix it to that very top edge to give you as much space as possible.

I've had zero switches, PBC or otherwise, come back due to physical enclosure issues. In the past 12 months, I've had exactly 1 failure with a Suntsu footswitch (what LoveMySwitches sells as "Pro Grade Soft click SPST", but I deal with Suntsu in CA directly), and 1 come back due to a Lumberg jack issue. I stand by my products and I'm a registered LLC in Nebraska (USA), both of those switches were replaced at no cost; all I asked was to explain in good detail what happened so I can try and prevent it in the future.

The material I use for the bodies themselves is usually a high-grade PLA from 3DFuel, https://www.3dfuel.com/collections/175ppla/products/pro-pla-midnight-black-1-75mm, and the enclosure itself is closed with heat-set metal-thread inserts + screws.

That said, they definitely aren't for everyone, you do have to be a bit more conscious in your stomping targets. I have switches with tighter-spacing than this that are used without issue, and some people decide "If this is the only way I have room for 2 more switches, I'll just be a bit more careful" and it's worked out just fine :)

My Instagram has a good mixture of standard products and custom work I've done for people, happy to answer any questions! https://www.instagram.com/pedalnetics/

Last edited:
Back