A question for you all

Purely from a cosmetic perspective, I don't like the offset buttons. I understand why it's done, but I like to see buttons lining up. Just IMO.

You're not the only one to mention that. I'm looking into it - trying to figure out how to do it without enlarging the overall dimensions. This product is definitely the most difficult one we've ever done from a mechanical design perspective!

Hmm... Would it be possible to add an LCD display?
That would add value to the product, as you could name presets; something I find very useful on stage.

Thanks!

We're currently on the fence about that. Doing it with a simple display would be much easier because we can use the existing Mastermind firmware, but I sure prefer LCDs as well, and really want to get away from the old style user interfaces.

I think the feature set/size is perfect for the vast majority of players looking to put together a "rack-inspired" pedal board. Also, if you can really keep this thing somewhat price-competitive with the Musicom Labs EFX and offer all of the proposed functionality, I think it would also qualify as a fantastic value. Players craving the truly epic grandeur of a 75"x42", 97lb. pedal board could conceivably add additional loops, amp selection and parallel mixing with any of the "mini" line. Personally, I would love a simple programmable LCD display for preset naming (or the midi over USB from the proposed Mastermind GT to use an I-pad as a expanded display!) but I don't know anything about programming or how many man hours and hard-earned ducats that single feature might cost. Oh, and I kind of like the offset buttons myself...I think it's a winner either way. :ugeek:

Hey Ron, any idea when we might see the loop gizmo? I'm trying hard to hold off on a Musicom and wait for your version!

At this point, the project is on hold for a while, unfortunately. The Rack Gizmo took more time than I expected to finish, and I really want to get the Mastermind GT out not much later than the end of the year. There's no time to get another product out while I have that giant project looming. It's going to be a major challenge as it is.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but hopefully next year???

any news about this product :?: it will bee great ;) i really want rjm in my pedalboard 8 loops are nice and if i want more just add mini effect gizmo for me sounds perfect. Any chanse to came in production, because i see it’s old theme here

After numerous false starts, it's really in the works this time. The initial circuit and mechanical design are done, I will begin assembling the first prototype in the next week. I don't want to divulge any specs just yet - not until I'm sure of the design - but it will definitely be a big step beyond the current all-in-one pedalboard switchers on the market.

nice to now something is happen here,i have old italian product midione flx9 all loop midi controller switcer looper,it's nice, simple,and easy to program, it sends four CC per button and one PC unfortunatly it can work in only one midi chanel per preset(in global setup menu setup chanel that's all) i'm looking on the web to find simular product (musicom lab,free the tone.....and many others) now i think i will be waithing for RJM

Well, hold my GT16 if it's what I think it is!

Think GT16 with 8 loops in the back. Programmable displays on each button, central display, and wait for it....built into a two level pedal board so that you can just velcro your effects into the lower level and some effects (like tuner and way) on the upper level.

new musicom lab (3 models) are going out this summer. Anny news here?? I think manny off us people here want RJM more then musicom and other simular loopers, but there is no anny news.... :cry:

It looks like ours will be out in the summer as well. I am working on the Mastermind GT 2.0 firmware update now, once that's done, the new switcher will be the top priority. The first circuit boards are ready, I "just" need to adapt the Mastermind GT firmware to the new switcher.

Can you please divulge some specifics on this? How many loops? How many LCDs? Size? Will it have an "amp gizmo" DIN connector? At least a ballpark figure on price so I can start saving my pennies for it...Thanks!

therbst said:
Can you please divulge some specifics on this? How many loops? How many LCDs? Size? Will it have an "amp gizmo" DIN connector? At least a ballpark figure on price so I can start saving my pennies for it...Thanks!

Yes this would be awesome. Guess 10 Loops would be perfect. Also an alphanumeric display and if it's possible to program it via PC it would be perfect :)

A few things I can mention: 10 loops (divided up 4/2/4), definitely USB connection to PC and flash drive like the GT has (although the editor will not be out until a few months after product release), LCD display (one of them), Switch Gizmo type amp control (2x 1/4" TRS), last four loops are stereo capable with TRS jacks. The output can be stereo, or you can use the two outputs to A/B between two amps (with iso transformer and phase switching)

It's been delayed because the Mastermind GT 2.0 firmware is taking so long, but will be out as soon as I can manage it. It's still too early to have a price for it.

rjmmusic said:
A few things I can mention: 10 loops (divided up 4/2/4), definitely USB connection to PC and flash drive like the GT has (although the editor will not be out until a few months after product release), LCD display (one of them), Switch Gizmo type amp control (2x 1/4" TRS), last four loops are stereo capable with TRS jacks. The output can be stereo, or you can use the two outputs to A/B between two amps (with iso transformer and phase switching)

It's been delayed because the Mastermind GT 2.0 firmware is taking so long, but will be out as soon as I can manage it. It's still too early to have a price for it.

I'm in!!! :)

rjmmusic said:

Thanks for the reply! Wish it had a DIN switching jack for my Bogner Ecstasy, but sounds awesome anyways! 4 stereo capable loops definitely stands out from the competition.

Back