MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 3.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Firmware 3.1.1 is now available. This version adds a few new features and fixes a bunch of bugs:
  • When set up as a MIDI clock master: If preset tempo is set to 0 (and the song tempo is also set to 0 in song/setlist mode), then the GT will not send MIDI clock for that preset. This is a change from the previous behavior - it used to keep sending the previous preset's tempo when a 0 tempo was encountered.
  • Increased maximum number of groups to 12.
  • Made some changes to increase tap tempo accuracy.
  • The Preset + and - buttons are now capable of advancing through songs. If you press Preset + and you're on the last preset of a song, you will advance to the next song. If you Press Preset - and you're on the first preset of a song, you will move back to the previous song.
  • The IA Store button will now also store any device PC adjustments you've made with the Device PC + and Device PC - buttons.
  • Song Menu now highlights the correct song regardless of which setlist you're using
  • Added preliminary support for Moogerfooger pedals
  • It's now possible to select the global preset when in song and setlist mode
  • Editor now displays external switch names correctly.
  • Editor now displays setlist names in the Set List dropdown menu
  • Editor now remembers its window size and position
  • Fixed display of comments in preset and song names in the editor (comments are any text that follows a vertical bar '|' in a name - they're displayed in the editor, but not in the GT's normal use mode).
  • Fixed an editor bug that made checkboxes unreadable on certain Windows systems
  • Fixed a bug that caused problems when your first preset had a local page and Auto Page Select is active.
  • Fixed a bug in the editor that caused the wrong switch to be activated when clicking an external switch button
  • Fixed Get Preset Names when using the Kemper in Performance Mode
  • Fixed a bug in Instant Bank Switching when switching between two songs that have the same first preset
  • Fixed a bug that involved pressing the Page / IA Store button when in bank select mode
  • Fixed a bug that made external switches not always update correctly
UPDATE 1/26/2016
Version 3.1.1 includes the following changes:
  • When set to MIDI clock master, holding IA Store will save the current tempo to the current song or preset, as appropriate.
  • Fixed a bug that made repeating switches never stop repeating
  • Fixed a hang that happened when connected to a computer that goes into sleep mode
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the external switch LEDs from working
  • Fixed display of tempo in the main display
  • Editor: fixed a bug that made a couple of IA buttons on page 3 default to on
  • Editor: fixed a bug that would stop MIDI clock sending when you select "Connect to Device"
Update Instructions:

1). BACK UP YOUR SETTINGS!!! If you have to go back to 3.0, your GT will factory reset.

2). Download and unzip the firmware file below, then copy it to a USB flash drive. Be sure to select the "Eject" option on your PC to make sure that the drive is in the right state before pulling it from your computer.

3). Power up the GT while holding the two black buttons under the screen. Wait until the "Mastermind GT Bootloader" screen shows up, then plug in the flash drive. It should run the update at that point, which takes less than a minute.

Note: the first time the GT boots up after the update, it will need to convert your settings to 3.1 format. It will take a few minutes to do this, so be patient and let it finish!

Here are the files:

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT311.zip
Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/manuals/Masterm ... al-3.1.pdf
Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-3.1.1.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-3.1.1.zip

Last edited:
Ron, I seem to be having an issue with the new firmware. Once it's installed, whenever I tap the Bank Up or Down buttons, the MMGT 22 cycles through all the banks until it reaches the end, then it just freezes. When I go back to 3.0.2 I no longer have this issue. I'm running Windows 10 and am using it to control an Axe-Fx II XL+. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ron, I seem to be having an issue with the new firmware. Once it's installed, whenever I tap the Bank Up or Down buttons, the MMGT 22 cycles through all the banks until it reaches the end, then it just freezes. When I go back to 3.0.2 I no longer have this issue. I'm running Windows 10 and am using it to control an Axe-Fx II XL+. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Can you do the following for me: enter setup (hold the two black buttons under the main screen), then press System Functions, then System Info. Please let me know what it says after Switches: on the main screen.

Ron, I did what you asked with the new firmware and, as soon as I clicked on the System Functions button, the main screen shows Updating Firmware and the smaller screens above the 4 switches on the left side start showing MMGTB Boot V 1.0. It starts at the top and as the progress bar on the small screen reaches the end, it goes to the next switch below and does exactly the same thing. Once it gets to the bottom switch, it starts all over again.

Hi Ron,

I'm sorry to report the Mac editor is pretty buggy. I started with a new file, added a mini effects gizmo, went to add the first loop to an IA button and correctly got CC80. I went to add the next IA for the second loop and now the CC's are starting with 88. I manually edited it to 81 and tried to write to my GT10, but it doesn't write properly to the unit and the second IA is now gone from the editor. What do you suggest? Thanks and best always, Alex

Hi Ron,

I'm sorry to report the Mac editor is pretty buggy. I started with a new file, added a mini effects gizmo, went to add the first loop to an IA button and correctly got CC80. I went to add the next IA for the second loop and now the CC's are starting with 88. I manually edited it to 81 and tried to write to my GT10, but it doesn't write properly to the unit and the second IA is now gone from the editor. What do you suggest? Thanks and best always, Alex

CCs 88-92 are the CCs that the GT uses for the Mini Effect Gizmo. I'm not sure why it came up with CC80 for you - maybe it was a leftover setting from the Rack Gizmo (which starts at CC80)? I will try to reproduce the other problems you're seeing - were you using "Send Settings to Device" or "Send Changes to Device" when writing settings to the GT?

Do the bank up / bank down buttons still cause problems?
Hey Ron. Yes, the Bank Up & Down buttons still cycle through, and when I go to the Setup Menu, it goes into the weird Bootloader process and the only way I can stop it is by powering down for a few seconds. It powers back up as it should but, as soon as I tap the Bank Up or Down, it starts all over again. I have tried doing a Factory Reset in the System Functions but, as long as it's stuck in the Bootloader process, the buttons do nothing.

Hi Ron,
I have seen this anomaly with the incrementing bank numbers and the boot loading of the individual rows also
on my GT16 with 3.1.0 loaded. All other activities seem to be fine.
My settings are attached.
bobruz

Attachments

• 123115[31].rjs
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
I haven't gotten around to 3.1 but I did encounter this problem when trying the beta. I didn't notice it on Bank Down, but maybe because I never got that far. It was as if the button would get stuck on repeat. I couldn't get to any of the system functions because the Update Button FW button is the same one as the System Functions button and the Bank Up button. So right after I would enter System Functions the button would seem to be stuck on repeat and immediately activate the Button FW Update which would never end.

CCs 88-92 are the CCs that the GT uses for the Mini Effect Gizmo. I'm not sure why it came up with CC80 for you - maybe it was a leftover setting from the Rack Gizmo (which starts at CC80)? I will try to reproduce the other problems you're seeing - were you using "Send Settings to Device" or "Send Changes to Device" when writing settings to the GT?
Hi Ron, Ive been sending changes to device. Thanks, Alex

Hi Ron,
I have seen this anomaly with the incrementing bank numbers and the boot loading of the individual rows also
on my GT16 with 3.1.0 loaded. All other activities seem to be fine.
My settings are attached.
bobruz
bobruz, are you still experiencing these issues? If not, could you tell me what you may have done to rectify them?

Using Bobruz's settings, I haven't been able to reproduce any of the reported issues...

A_Rhodes, can you send me your settings file?

People who are seeing the button LCD boot loader messages - does this only happen once you're in setup mode? And, do you have a bank up or down button in the rightmost position of the second row (the row below the main display)? If so, does that button work at all?

Ron, it happens with me as soon as I tap the System Info button. The main screen reads Updating Firmware and when the top left LCD screen shows the bootloader, the second row of buttons and the first button in the third row (Factory Reset) is all that is lit, and Bank Up or Down is not on any of them. When the second left screen begins it's bootloader, the rest of the buttons in that column go blank and the only visible screen is the main one, the one bootloading and the one below that reads Factory Reset (does nothing when it's stuck in this cycle). Then, once the bootloader begins in the screen that was the Factory Reset button, the only screens showing are the main and the bootloader. Same for the fourth row button when it starts the bootloader. Then it all starts over again. The only way to stop it is to power it down.

I tried downloading the firmware once again today and as soon as it finished configuring the settings, I tapped the Bank Down button and it cycled all the way to Bank One and stopped. I can switch presets in bank one but, it is frozen in that bank. Same thing when I load it and tap Bank Up. It goes to the top bank and freezes. None of these issues on FW 3.0.2. I'm sending you my settings.

Thanks

Attachments

• Settings 01-02-16.rjs
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Running the settings here doesn't result in any problems. There must be some hardware issue involved. I'll email you to work out the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back