Search results

1. B

MIDI 7 pin cable

Here is an easy one to answer! I was offered a used GCP a few weeks back, it was cheap, in nice condition, and too good to pass up. Now I need a 7 pin MIDI cable to power it. I have a sourced pair of 7 pin DIN plugs (a not so minor achievement in my city). I have also found some 6 core + shield...
  2. B

Editor Crash On Opening

Hi all, I downloaded the editor (in anticipation of getting a GT) and it crashes on opening. The little icon just bounces up and down and that's as far as it gets - I am running Mountain Lion on a fairly recent Mac. I have downloaded it twice now, haven't had a chance to break it yet, anyone...
  3. B

Mastermind Alphanumeric Display

I realize this is a recurring theme for me, but... I came across a product that would be useful for anyone wanting an alphanumeric display for their Mastermind: http://www.moltenvoltage.com/products/S ... ltage.html Truth be told not everyone can afford a GT (wants and desires aside). The...
  4. B

iPod/iPad MIDI Interface

Hi everyone, iPad/iPod can receive MIDI program change messages via a number of interfaces (I like the iRig MIDI as you can charge an i-device while you use it). This could work well with the Mastermind as a display for the preset selected. It wont make the Mastermind into a GT by any measure...
  5. B

Silly question...

I have a wide variety of sounds I use on a regular basis, I am not sure the Masterminds numerical display will be enough to cue my memory and I cannot afford the GT. Are there any aftermarket displays for a MIDI controller? Something like this, but I not want to make it myself...
  6. B

Mini EG and Voodoo Labs Commander

The Mini EG is the obvious answer for switching on a pedal board but as space is always a premium the real estate taken up by controllers becomes prohibitive once you start adding the actual pedals. As the size/weight of the board and case soon becomes logistically difficult (it amazes me how...
  7. B

What kind of relay to use in a dual pedal

Hi, I have a few dual OD pedals in my rack. I am going to adapt them so I can control them with my EG by creating a jack insert point in the pedals that trips a relay allowing me access the lead function on my G2D Custom and AC Plus. Although I have years of soldering under my belt I havent...
  8. B

EG Channel switching voltage?

Hey all, I am modifying a pedal that has a boost function so I can control it with the EG much the same way I do with my amp. This requires a relay, a jack input, some cable, and a bit of wiring. The relay going into the pedal needs to match the voltage from the EG, amps are already set up for...
  9. B

Making MIDI cables

I want to make up some MIDI cables. Yes, before anyone says it, I know we can buy them easily enough! I am making an interface panel for the back of my rack so that everything plugs into that coming in and out of the rig including the MIDI cable. I'll be chassis mounting all the I/O so need to...
  10. B

Dual function 2 channel OD pedal switching

I have a G2D Custom overdrive and an Xotic AC Plus. They both have dual channel functions with two foot switches on each pedal. That's a problem for all dual function pedal owners - if they are in a rack we cant get at half of that particular pedals functions. Now, if the dual function...
  11. B

What kind of jacks are you using?

Hi all, I am about to make up the cables for my new rig. I am not keen on solderless systems, I don't think you can do better mechanically than the soldered joint. I am curious about the jacks everyone is using. I have always gone for expensive hardware but wonder if anyone has used the garden...
  12. B

Boss GT8 question

I am planning on using the MLM with a Boss GT8 for my time based effects in my amp's series effects loop through an Effects Gizmo. The GT8 will also handle switching duty until rlm's new foot controller comes out :-). I do notice tonal loss with the GT8 in the effects loop so the MLM should...
  13. B

Effects Gizmo - I think this will work...

Hey all, Have a look at this link: http://www.pedalgear.net/page20/page20.html I am planning to custom build one of these (or something like it) to fit an Effects Gizmo - I need my pedals at my feet for a variety of reasons. I have cabinet making experience so the build will be no problem...
  14. B

Boss GT8 as MIDI controller?

Has anyone used the Boss GT8 as a foot controller for an Effects Gizmo? Am I right in thinking that the GT8s ability to send program changes will allow it to do this easily? Patch 1 on the GT8 sends PC-1, Patch 2 sends PC-2, and so on. Could it be as easy as selecting patch 1 on the GT8...
  15. B

Effects Gizmo pre amp question

Hi all, I have been scanning the forum and found answers to nearly all my questions - its a great resource! I have a few things I need to clarify: What happens if I have five pedals in the first five loops front of the Effects Gizmo, and want the next three pedals in the amps fx loop (the...
Back