Search results

1. C

Odd ground loop and solution - anyone got an explanation?

Ah OK! Sorry, I don't know much about this stuff beyond the terminology, so thank you for explaining it. Looking forward to getting the rig back together now!
  2. C

Thanks guys! I was just a bit confused - partially as I've seen that you don't always recommend an isolator on the amp line, and also because of the nature of the ground loop - instead of it being a constant hum, it was a hum/buzz that would increase the closer my cable loom got to the...
  3. C

Hi guys - I've been hunting down a ground loop in my board for the last two weeks which sounded like transformer hum bleeding into the cables - it would increase if my cables moved closer the the amp transformer or PSU. This would only happen when using the four cable method either through the...
  4. C

Volume drop with boost pedal

Right, that explains everything! I was thinking about swapping my Y cable that splits to both amps with the Palmer box and keeping the hum eliminators for the effects loops, but do you have a suggestion of a isolation transformer perhaps?
  5. C

Hi! Thanks for all your help - I've tracked down the issue! When I run the out 5/6 into my ebtech hum eliminator before going into the amp, I get the problem. Remove the hum eliminator from that cable line to either amp, problem is gone. I could do with the hum eliminator or something similar...
  6. C

Ah! In loop eight I have a mono pedal with the TS and ring disconnect cables. I have recently taken it all to bits and put it back together again so I'll double check they're the right way round.
  7. C

As an update - I've tested going straight into one amp both directly from out 5/6 and through my patch bay and the boost works fine. Seems to be something about my stereo set up that is causing the issue.
  8. C

So could this be a bad cable anywhere on the board, even if the loop isn't activated? I've been testing it with only the loop that the boost is in activated (loop 2, after my compressor in loop 1).
  9. C

Hi there, I've got an Arrows Earthquaker Devices boost that I'm using in loop 2 on the PBC10. It was working fine, but now when the pedal and loop are activated the volume drops and I lose all the bottom end. I've tested the boost pedal outside of the loop, straight into the amp and it works as...
  10. C

PBC10 Midi input question

Hi guys, Quick question. I've been using the PBC to send MIDI notes over USB to trigger a synth; but I'm considering adding a Studiologic bass pedal to my set up to do the same thing a little easier. Will the PBC transmit the MIDI notes from the studiologic over USB to the laptop if I plug it...
  11. C

Stereo amps/stereo loop ground loop help

Awesome, I'll give all that a go, thank you for all the help!
  12. C

Ah, wonderful, thank you! I'll try that and see if I can hunt it down. Just to clarify, start with the B output that already has the isolator on it, and work from there? You mention the send cables, do I need to check the returns, and the MIDI/TRS switching cables too?
  13. C

Hi guys, hoping you can help me! I've had my PBC10 board for a while now and it works great, but I'm trying to reduce the noise level when I'm not playing. I'm pretty sure it's a ground loop - is there any way I can test for this, and where would I need to put isolation boxes in my chain to...
Back