Search results

1. R

STEREO: Loops 5-6 MONO, Loops 7-8 STEREO = MONO (Loops OFF)

Re: STEREO: Loops 5-6 MONO, Loops 7-8 STEREO = MONO (Loops I realized that there's no way to do this without having a stereo effect pedal or unit switched on all the time and have done so, so that I can move on. So, on the 5-8 OUT jack I've connected a MONO TS plug into my Effects Unit's (L)...
  2. R

Re: STEREO: Loops 5-6 MONO, Loops 7-8 STEREO = MONO (Loops Would simply using a STEREO TREMOLO in place of my MONO TC Shaker provide the STEREO SIGNAL PATH in Loop-6 to succeeding Stereo Loops SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?
  3. R

What would be the best way to get a stereo signal in Loop-7 as Loop-7, Loop-8 are stereo (Mulit-Effects Unit and TC FlashBack X4). Loops-5 and Loop-6 are Mono effects pedals (Flanger and Tremolo). The problem is, on Loop-7 (Multi-Effects Unit: wired as Mono-[L] Input, Output is Stereo), Loop-8...
  4. R

Old School Full Rack + Stomps NY

[ 2013-10-08 ] Revision 8 of Wiring Design: Added a RJM Mini Line Mixer to control Effects that SUCK TONE. [ 2013-10-20 ] Rear View: And here it is all wired up. All power cables still to be done. [ 2013-10-20 ] Front View:
  5. R

[2013-10-01 REVISED WIRING DESIGN] I've removed MIDI controllable devices that has "ByPass" via Midi from the Effect Gizmo's Switchable Loops and placed them between Loop Switches so that they are always in the signal path. I've done the same in one part of the signal path where I've place...
  6. R

Thanks for following the progress Martin, and I'm glad you've enjoyed some of the stuff I've put on in here. its taken alot of work and effort, and patience getting some of the right gear in it. I've yet to attach the pedals cuz the other end of the cables have not been terminated yet. I've...
  7. R

Effects Gizmo pre amp question

I read the manual! And, I worked backwards on the signal path and placed it where the signal splits to reach the PreAmps which is before Loop-9 IN (Loops 9-12 SENDs are used to switch pre-amps). Sorry for the trouble, the manual was specific, clear, and right on! :)
  8. R

Got the ART-T8 in and tested it! I used a channel and patched the Zoom 9150 IN and Out on to its dedicated PowerAmp and Huwala.... NO MORE HUM! !!!! IT WORKS !!!! Now with its 7 extra channels, I won't have to worry about additions or reconfigurations when adding other pre-amps or...
  9. R

UPDATE [2013-09-24] Finally did a mock-up layout of how some of the pedals will sit in the locking/sliding pull-out tray. Black patch cables are still not terminated on the other end. As you can see ... NO MORE ROOM! I'll have to remove the Zoom 9150 and Zoom RFX2000 from the rack and...
  10. R

Thanks, will be looking out for that! :) I just noticed after completely wiring it up and switching between my two pre-amps that there is a loud hum on the Zoom 9150. Guess I'll have to implement some kind of isolation solution to eliminate hum in this current 2-preAmp set-up and for future...
  11. R

Effects Gizmo pre amp question

Martin, I'm in the same boat and had considered what you have described. But I believe that leaves Loops 5-8 which will be used in the Amps Effects Loop without a Click Stopper and therefore "Click Noise" in the Effects Loop. Is there a way to utilize the CS without having a parallel signal...
  12. R

Click Stopper

Oh... btw, my EG is full stereo. Does the CS in this configuration (stereo) have TRS that I might be able to utilize Tip for Loops 1-4 and Ring for Loops 5-8? or is the CS MONO? And if it is in fact a TRS jack, and utilize it as described above, are they isolated and separate from each other...
  13. R

Click Stopper

Is there a way to use the CS (Click Stopper) for two effects chains? I have Loops 1-4 (Effects Chain 1) in front of the Amp; Loops 5-8 (Effects Chain 2) in the Amp's Effects Loop. Loops 1-4 has the CS at the end of the chain before hitting Loop-9 which uses its "Send" to send the signal to...
  14. R

Making your own cables...

I am considering using a Voodo Labs Pedal Power AC to power up my Effects Gizmo and provide phantom power to my Midi controller. What PINS on a 7-Pin Midi Cable does the Effects Gizmo use to provide phantom power to a MIDI Controller, standard 6th and 7th pin? If my controller was to use 650mA...
  15. R

Yowza!!!... Yes in deed it does cost alot more, but very nice and impressive! :) I suggested the LG-FCB upgrade for folks who'd already owned a FCB1010 and only because I already had a FCB1010 with the UNO Chip in it. But thank you for pointing me to the RJM Masterminde Midi Controller. :)...
  16. R

After counting the number of MIDI capable components on my new rig, I found out that the number of MIDI devices far exceeds what my Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller can handle. The default number which is a limitation on this controller is 5. I found a solution: LG-FCB at...
  17. R

Ron, I got the replacement, installed it, did the quick signal test from Front Input all the way to CS Out, and its working! :) The other unit is on its way back to your attention in the same box you sent the replacement in! Thank you for resolving this so quickly! :) Yes sooo busy, I just...
  18. R

Quad X-Amp + Effects Gizmo: FX in Front + in FX Loop

Ron, just received the replacement Effects Gizmo. Thank You. Will install everything after the holidays. Thanks again and enjoy the holiday weekend! :) UPDATE: I couldn't wait so I did a quick test and patched all the cables I had already made and........ IT WORKS! Thank you Ron! The EG...
  19. R

Too many gadgets, not enough knowledge

I really don't mind messy wiring, as long as the point-to-point contact is there and the cable runs are short! Making them neet means having to add an extra 1 to 2 ft of unnecessary expensive cable, in my case mogami cable, to have all the cable run on one side of the case. I just use ties to...
  20. R

Too many gadgets, not enough knowledge

Yes, you and me are now on a similar path. I wanted a way that I can change EQ setting without manually going to the box and changing it. So I did a search for MIDI Equalizers and found the SA-170. Here's a link to my "Show Your Rig" entry with all my notes: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=735 And...
Back