Search results

1. E

BOOST PEDAL in the Effect Gizmo Rack or MEGX loop on a WET/DRY Rig?

Does the above routing look right for what I'm trying to achieve?
  2. E

How would I know? Would the manual tell me? It's an EVH 515OIII 5Ow 6L6... Here is some information on it but it doesn't seem to tell if the Pre-amp out is connected to the Loop...
  3. E

In both of these cases it sounds like the pedals are independent of my loop switcher... yes? I have all my pedals (save my wah) in my rack on the backline and none on my board, controlled by my MMLT... so the BOOSTS need to be in my loop switcher so they can be controlled by the LT...
  4. E

I am not splitting the signal. I am slaving the WET amp from the DRY amp's "Pre-amp out" jack... I am also NOT returning my time-based effects (chorus, delay, reverb) to the Loop Switcher... I am sending them out to a Line Mixer then from there going to the WET amp (to achieve trails). Does...
  5. E

I am a bit confused. I know where to put a BOOST pedal for solo volume boost without adding pre-amp gain on a mono rig... it goes in the effects loop (usually the last in the chain). But where do I put the BOOST pedal on a WET/DRY rig to boost both amps equally during a solo boost? And if I am...
  6. E

BOOST PEDAL question?

So I'm making headway on building my (preposterously complicated, outrageously expensive) WET/DRY/WET rig. (NOTE: I am ONLY looking to volume boost the rig to cut through for solos... not change gain or tone) I use an RJM MEGX (but will be changing to an Effects Gizmo Rack unit) and a...
  7. E

Preset 2nd press engages specific loop

Righto… But I WiLL need to make separate presets? Correct? What I mean is: if I want PRESET 1 to bring in amp channel, phaser, chorus on one song… And I want PRESET 1 to change to “Alternate Preset” from an established preset… we’ll call it PRESET 6, that changes amp channel, brings in a...
  8. E

Don't repeat same presets on 2nd page/song presets to specific page buttons

This wizardry FRiGHTENS AND CONFUSES me! But I think I get the gist. EXAMPLE: You want an "Alt Preset" to go from "PRESET 1|Clean" to "PRESET 2O|Wah"... Duplicate "PRESET 1|Clean" then add the "Alt Preset" (PRESET 2O|Wah"... That way you have your original preset and the preset with the "Alt...
  9. E

I see... But how does that effect the other presets in the current song? And would I have to set up any/all songs using "Alt Preset" buttons on a separate page... then have the song "show that page" when building the song in the song tab?
  10. E

"Alt Preset" function... What is it?

Haven't really found much on this. I don't want to futz with it until I understand it.
  11. E

I'm still really fuzzy on how the "Alt Preset" even works? I can't find a lot of documentation on it or in the RJM Mastering the Mastermind videos. How do you set up the "Alt Preset" button and how does it relate to turning 4 preset buttons into 8 so you can have 8 presets per song in...
  12. E

Don't repeat same presets on 2nd page/song presets to specific page buttons

I am FiNALLY looking into this. I may be a bit confused. What do I set the "Alt. Preset" to for setlist mode? Is it "Previous"... so when a song is cued up it will flop between the first two presets in the song selected? Then the second button will flip-flop between the next two? Having...
  13. E

Mini Effect Gizmo X Trails mode?

Right on. Just wanted to make sure I'm reading this correctly. THANKS!
  14. E

Mini Effect Gizmo X Trails mode?

I am setting up a Line Mixer as you suggested with this diagram but I am am a bit confused... I have an RJM MEGX and an RJM MASTERMiND LT. I am running a WET/DRY slave setup 4-Cable Method. All my DRY Effects are in front of the RJM MEGX to the DRY amp. Pre-amp Out to the RJM MEGX then all my...
  15. E

Function Switch on MEGX to control the TONE KiNG iRONMAN II Attenuator's "Solo" boost?

Does that mean I abandon my RJM MEGX? Or just use the Voodoolab for controlling 1/4 analog aspects of the devices in question and MiDi connect it to the MEGX to receive instructions?
  16. E

Function Switch on MEGX to control the TONE KiNG iRONMAN II Attenuator's "Solo" boost?

But it would still only cover the ANALOG TAP and ONE Tone King Ironman II Attenuator... Am I back to square one if I expand this rig to WET/DRY? I'll only be able to boost one attenuator?
  17. E

What if I were to get a second RJM MEGX? That would also give the added benefit of going from 11 effects to 23 effects I could put in my rig... Muahahahahahaha!
  18. E

Hello, I'm finalizing my new rig I'm building. LOVE MY MEGX and MMLT to control my rig! I am adding an attenuator to the rig (possibly 2 if I expand it to a WET/DRY rig down the road)... I used the FN SW on my MEGX to control ANALOG TAP on my delay pedal. I just learned the TONE KiNG iRONMAN...
  19. E

EFFECT GIZMO Interfacing with a PC?

Hi, I'm looking to change my MEGX to an EFFECT GIZMO on my guitar rig. I love the MEGX but I need more patches and the split-stereo patching on the MEGX is great but it's hard to get reliable stereo cables that don't introduce noise or have shoddy soldering. And the EFFECT GIZMO has a much more...
Back