Search results

1. simon

solderless plugs

David Gilmour?
  2. simon

solderless plugs

They have pics on their site putting their cables through a stress test supporting a bicycle or something. I did my own test before committing, just yanked the cable around for ages in the kind of way that you would expect would damage the connection. No matter how hard I pulled at the...
  3. simon

solderless plugs

The Evidence Audio SIS system is fantastic, and when properly made, are far more durable than your average soldered cable. I’m using them with the PBC 10 with no issues. But I agree that you should learn to solder. Useful life skill!
  4. simon

Erratic MIDI behaviour with PBC and Source Audio Reflex

So today I finally got around to setting up my Source Audio Reflex to control my Strymon Mobius to get a wah sound going. The MIDI flow is Reflex into PBC into Quadra Thru, into Mobius. One of the other Quadra Thru outputs goes to a Strymon Timeline and then into the Reflex. When I set up the...
  5. simon

You upgraded to RJM from...

When the PBC is bypassed it sounds exactly like my old setup. My old setup was guitar straight into amp.
  6. simon

Source Audio Reflex help

Thanks Ron (and everyone)!
  7. simon

PBC Change Loop Re-Order

I’d buy it!
  8. simon

Source Audio Reflex help

Thanks Ron! I guess I’ll do it by sending MIDI through, since I don’t currently have appropriately small TRS plugs to make up a cable that will fit on my board. One thing though, wouldn’t I still want to configure the Reflex as a device in the PBC, since I need to send it PC messages to change...
  9. simon

Source Audio Reflex help

Hi, Just wondering if anyone who’s using a Source Audio Reflex with their PBC might be able to help me, as I’m clueless as to how to set it up. I have the Reflex plugged into the PBC via MIDI, and have tried to add the Reflex as a device, but it doesn’t look like it is in the list already, as a...
  10. simon

Source Audio Reflex - sending/receiving information over USB

Thanks Andrew and Ron, looks like I need to add a MIDI thru box to my shopping list! Should I add a post regarding the extra USB functionality to the feature request list thread Ron? Cheers
  11. simon

Source Audio Reflex - sending/receiving information over USB

Hi, I have 5 MIDI devices on my board, a Source Audio Reflex expression pedal, Strymon Big Sky, Timeline and Mobius, and a Pigtronix Infinity Looper. The Infinity only has a MIDI input, so I can't do a complete circuit with the MIDI cables, and need to find another way to get the Reflex to talk...
  12. simon

polyphonic tuning?

So I was playing interstate on the weekend and used the support act's guitarist's pedalboard. He had a little TC Polytune, and I have to say, it was a revelation. I'm not sure if it's possible to add that functionality to the PBC, but if it is, I think it would be an amazing update. I love that...
  13. simon

Using PBC with POG2 with Midi Mod

I'm planning to get one of these. Hoping EHX will come out with a synth pedal and there will be a MIDI mod available for that too.
  14. simon

PBC w/ Strymon Nixie App

+1!
  15. simon

What audio plugs are you guys using?

I disagree. Some solderless systems are unreliable, but some are actually more reliable than your average soldered connection. I use the Evidence Audio SIS System, as does David Gilmour, Ed O'Brien of Radiohead etc. I may not be in the big leagues, but I'd say those guys are.
  16. simon

Controlling a Zoom MultiStomp pedal via USB?

Thanks Ron. Until then, would I be able to use something like this to get the PBC to talk to a class complient USB MIDI device?
  17. simon

ok, no worries. is this possible to implement in a future update, or is this just not possible with the hardware?
  18. simon

Hi, I've seen an Arduino-based MIDI patch changer for the Zoom MS-70CDR, and wondered if the PBC is capable of doing the same thing via USB? Cheers.
  19. simon

Y-Not question

Amazing! Thanks Ron!
Back