Search results

1. A

New Build

The midi cc values for the delay ratios are here: https://empresseffects.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000270156-what-are-the-midi-cc-values-for-each-ratio-setting- Looking at the reference table of control change messages in the Echosystem manual, there are a couple of...
  2. A

MASTERMIND LT Control 4 Stompboxes with 1 Expression Pedal

I think if you want to convert midi to expression signals, you’d need something like this: https://oldbloodnoise.com/pedals/p/mtet-midi-to-expression-translator Unless I’m wildly mistaken, the other midi boxes don’t do that.
  3. A

MASTERMIND LT Control 4 Stompboxes with 1 Expression Pedal

I’ll take a stab… I think it will depend a lot on what effects pedals/ units you want to have expression pedal control over. I found this to be a useful explanation of how expression pedals work in general: https://missionengineering.com/understanding-expression-pedals/ If your effects have...
  4. A

Source Audio One Series MIDI question

I have a Source Audio Ventris, which I think uses the same set of CC values. CC102 is almost certainly what you want. The other CC won’t really work when trying to program presets. At least in my experience. Do you have Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned on on your IA...
  5. A

GT Editor

Haven’t ever used them myself, but maybe try defining macros for each set of actions? Then use the macros in your presets, rather than long strings of actions.
  6. A

Introducing the MultiBox

If you’re taking suggestions, one thing I would find useful would be a way to filter midi messages by output. Specifically, a way to not send midi clock to a particular output. I’ve got a Jackson Audio Golden Boy that produces pretty awful noise if midi clock is on. I know some others here...
  7. A

Should I use the Source Audio Neuro Hub?

Yeah, I find SA’s manuals occasionally confusing as well. But to be fair, they make some pretty complex pedals and writing technical manuals is not easy (been there, done that). If you’re running all the pedals through a PBC, I think that kind of takes the place of the Neuro Hub. Assuming a...
  8. A

Ventris can definitely do 128 presets without the Neuro Hub, and I’m pretty sure the EQ as well. The way I read it, for the Atlas, if you use that sa168 adapter, it should do 128 presets as well.
  9. A

Which SA pedals do you have, and which ones use which kind of midi connections? If you’ve got two or more of the pedals that need SA’s trrs connectors to receive midi messages (or if you’re planning to get more), then it might be worth getting the Neuro hub. Send midi messages from your PBC to...
  10. A

My PBC10 board

Thanks!
  11. A

My PBC10 board

Thanks — much appreciated!
  12. A

My PBC10 board

Greetings all, I’ve mostly lurked and occasionally posted here, but never got around to sharing my board… mainly because it wasn’t in a fit state to share! Anyway, here it is, after much fiddling and tweaking. It’s on a Temple Audio Trio 28, and almost all the wiring (audio and MIDI) was done...
  13. A

Digital Clicking from Clock

I have the same issue with a Jackson Audio Golden Boy drive pedal. The midi clock noise gets annoyingly amplified, but that’s no surprise—it’s a gain pedal. Others on here have had the same problem with that pedal, too. Only solution I have at the moment is to turn off midi clock and use tap...
  14. A

Ext Switch to load specific page

Or if you don’t want to go the IA cycle route, and you’re happy to use both external switches just for jumping to selected pages, I think this would work… Set the switches to latching (ie, not momentary), and have the ‘on’ action be go to your chosen page, and the ‘off’ action be go back to...
  15. A

New build with 2 amp types?

The DSM & Humboldt Simplifier and the Deluxe version thereof have effects loops. Again, I don’t have one, but I’ve heard good things about them.
  16. A

I think that would work, but I should probably say I don’t have a 6X, either, I have a PBC10. That said, I’m not sure why you would use the insert loop send from the 6X with an insert cable rather than the output. I suppose (guessing here, to be honest) you could set it up so that if you are...
  17. A

Welcome, first of all Disclaimer: I don’t have an Iridium, but… Do you want to be able to use your real amp and the Strymon Iridium simultaneously, or would it always be one or the other? If it’s the latter, I would think you could just put the Iridium in a PBC loop, wherever you want it in...
  18. A

PBC6X with Vox AC30 channels

Maybe try something like the GigRig Remote Loopy 2, or a similar remotely switchable AB box (I think Lehle do something like that, too… there are likely others) so that the send from one PBC loop can go to either of the amp inputs. Then have the fx loop send from the amp go into the return of...
  19. A

PBC buffer discussion

Would never have thought to ask, and I definitely wouldn’t argue with anyone about impedance values, least of all you, Ron — I am utterly unqualified to do so! My comments about how I set the buffers to make things sound good to me in my rig are very much A) completely subjective regarding what...
  20. A

PBC buffer discussion

With the requisite “I am not an expert on this at all” disclaimer… I suppose you could use an audio frequency spectrum analyzer app (of which there are many, as I just discovered using google). If you wanted to make it really “objective”, play a note or two, or maybe a phrase into a looper...
Back