Search results

1. J

Wet/Dry/Wet Routing configuration for PBC 6x

I’m not as familiar with the PBC 6X routing, so I will leave the validation of your overall signal path to Ron or another knowledgeable user. But I did have a similar problem with chorus and the PBC10 in a W/D/W setup. You can’t have stereo pedal go to a mono output (well, you can but it defeats...
  2. J

PBC 6x Will Not Control H90 Over Midi

I don’t know if the H90 has the same issue, but I had this problem with my H9 when I had USB and MIDI both connected at the same time. I originally had both wired in all the time so I could connect to a USB hub on my board to access all my USB capable pedals with a single USB cable. I had to...
  3. J

Unable to use Nixie with Mastermind

So just to clarify, if you plug USB directly from the Mastermind to the computer, then Nixie works well with the Timeline? I always assumed that the interference was coming from the midi chain. But if it’s about the USB hub and/or cable, then maybe there are some other troubleshooting things I...
  4. J

How do you use your mastermind?

Yeah that’s the trade off. For me, I never played that many songs for church and never neared the preset limit. And I found myself wanting to customize presets for a song way more than I ever needed to standardize a sound across many songs. One possibility is to make a page or two for your...
  5. J

How do you use your mastermind?

I have something close to your setup, and have similar goals with my configuration, but a couple of differences. I typically keep my PBC in setlist mode, because when I play it’s almost always to a planned setlist. My next pages are loops and switches, then I have a page for my drives and POG...
  6. J

Midi with PBC6x

Do you have midi thru enabled? If you’re chaining midi from one pedal to the next, you need to go into the Strymon pedals’ global settings and make sure midi thru is turned on. I’m not sure if your POG has a midi thru port, but just given the fact that the Strymon pedals are designed for it (vs...
  7. J

Mono/Stereo 7-10

Are you running any of the loops 7-10 in parallel? What kind of cable do you have connecting the loop 7 send from the PBC to the input of the Synesthesia?
  8. J

Need Help and Tips on Utilizing HX Stomp with PBC/6X MIDI

I’m not sure if this is the cause of the volume drop, but using the HX Stomp like that seems wrong to me. Maybe there’s a way to pull that off, but I would suggest a different approach with the Stomp. My thought would be to have PBC Loop 6 Send to HX Stomp In, then HX Stomp Send to PBC Loop 6...
  9. J

PBC6X Midi Connection Question

You can create a custom 5-pin-to-TRS cable (or have one made) if you don’t want to buy a special junction/conversion box for just one pedal. I made one for my JA Bloom. It was a bit tricky to make sure I connected the right pins to ring and tip (all pedal brands seem to do it differently), but...
  10. J

Wet/dry/wet attempt with PBC6

I don’t see anything that stands out as problematic with your signal path (it’s similar to my own pedalboard with some variations). But re-leveling is probably necessary because playing in W/D or W/D/W gives so much more control to each line. One thing to check is to isolate each line, muting...
  11. J

Wet/dry/wet attempt with PBC6

Kill dry is the key difference. When you have dry-only and wet-only on separate lines (and the wet in stereo panned L and R), you have discernibly more clarity in both wet and dry.
  12. J

Do I need a multibox on my board?

Sorry, I thought you were talking generally about midi splitters. For the record, I do use midi splitters/mergers. I didn’t even know this RJM product existed. If this had been available when I built my last board it would definitely be on it!
  13. J

Do I need a multibox on my board?

Those all have midi thru, so a midi multibox isn’t absolutely required. You might try without it. If it works without one, great. If you have any issues, the midi multibox might help to ensure each pedal (or most of them) gets a direct, clean midi signal from the PBC.
  14. J

Using PBC10 with ISP Decimator / Junction Box.

Yes, I believe that should work for putting loops 1-4 in the noise gate loop. To put loops 1-6 in the noise gate loop, you would just change to this: Out from Volume Pedal to Decimator “Guitar In” > Deci. “Guitar Out” to “In 1-4” on the PBC > “Out 5-6” to Deci. “Decimator In” > Deci. “Decimator...
  15. J

Summed mono question/issue

You mentioned that you’ve worked with Ron on this, what did he say? I ask because the issue sounds like straightforward, “as-designed” behavior, but maybe there’s something I’m missing. When you have the delay in parallel, you have a separate left and right stereo signal, so the Immerse can’t...
  16. J

Different Presets for Different Guitars?

Probably depends on how precise you want to be. I tend to use low-output pickups (even humbuckers), so granted my needs might be different. But I use two solutions: - I use an EQ pedal with presets that I can quickly toggle for different guitars. I control that independent of my PBC presets so...
  17. J

POG2 MIDI suddenly not behaving

Who installed the mod? Is it possible there’s a poor connection on the circuit board? I did mine myself, and let’s just say I got lucky it works as well as it does
  18. J

POG2 MIDI suddenly not behaving

How do you work around it when the issue happens? Does it eventually accept a PC message and change presets, or do you have to power cycle the POG? I’ve noticed on mine that occasionally it will get stuck in a weird state where it won’t change presets at all, I think because I accidentally hit...
  19. J

Will pay someone to program my PBC/6X

Just emailed you. Great board! I’ve got a lot of the same stuff on my board.
  20. J

MIDI pedals with no screens - best practice suggestions

Im a bit nerdy… I have a spreadsheet with a different tab for each pedal and each tab has a list of presets for that pedal. That’s the starting point. I have also set up a page on the PBC for each pedal with at least a + and - button to “scroll” through presets on the fly. You could also set up...
Back