Search results

1. CheapEdge

MASTERMIND GT 4.3.0 FIRMWARE/EDITOR

Think I found part of the problem. Indeed the MIDI connection from my PC to the Axe was on Ch1 (same as the GT-22). Changed that to CH2, but problem remains. I will get in touch with support and see if the problem can be solved in cooperation with Ron. I have IGNORE INCOMING PC set to off...
  2. CheapEdge

Hi Ron, Sorry to be once again here with a problem. A big on this time. I have mailed you a video, pls have a look at it and you'll see what I mean. The Axe-FX3 unintendedly jumps through scenes like crazy. Here's what I've done sofar: * Tried to locate the source of the problem. It's not the...
  3. CheapEdge

Hi Ron, Great to see you keep on developing the functionality for the Axe3! Thx for that. Perhaps I found a bug, not sure. Downloaded and installed 4.3 Firmware and the 4.3 Editor. This worked perfectly and communication with the Axe works fine. Strange thing with Editor though. If I do "read...
  4. CheapEdge

MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 4.2.3 / EDITOR 4.2.0

Still very happy and yes it's very stable, yet found a small possibility for improvement. Here it is: While uploading a new setting from the editor I may have accidently hit one of the buttons, I'm not sure. Anyway the setlist was destroyed, it made a jump from something like postion five to...
  5. CheapEdge

Yep, will probably take many years, as stated in this vid by an expert in this area.
  6. CheapEdge

Question: just read that the Midi 2.0 specs have been agreed upon ... it was about time! Has been under discussion since 2005 ... Is there any chance in the foreseeable future that the GT will get an upgrade to this new spec? Would be great. Thx.
  7. CheapEdge

Fully agree, could not be happier. Five thumbs up for Ron and everyone at RJM Music!!!
  8. CheapEdge

Suggestions here!

Sorry, but I don't agree. I know how to get a BT started with midi control in eg Audacity on a laptop, but that's pretty complicated. I'd prefer a setup without a laptop. Same for mobile devices. Something in a 19" rack format and easily midi controllable would be a very nice thing to have.
  9. CheapEdge

Suggestions here!

I've been searching for quite a while for a midi-controlled backing track player in 19" rack version but never found one for an acceptable price. I did see the FCAM LT-100, but that unit is not available through any distributor here in Europe. Besides, I think the price is pretty high for the...
  10. CheapEdge

Hi all. Question. I use the GT22 in the mode "Get presets and scene names". Now, within one preset, e.g. switching from scene 1 to scene 2, I'd like the Axe3 looper to start recording. And switching from scene 2 to scene 3 I'd like to stop the recording of the looper and start it playing. Now, I...
  11. CheapEdge

For those of who might run into this problem as well: it turned out to be a problem with power supply and, as Ron suggested, I was able to solve it by building a cable with slightly thicker wires. This was'nt straight forward, because I did not experience power problems at all, untill I started...
  12. CheapEdge

Hi, maybe this is a newby question ... I have tried for the first time to create and use a setlist. Created two setlists with the editor and sent them to the GT22. Then put the GT in setupmode. SETLIST showed ALL SONGS (not the two setlists I created). When I press SETLIST all displays turn...
  13. CheapEdge

Ron, problem solved now. Fantastic, many thanks!!!
  14. CheapEdge

Thx, I sent you my settings through email.
  15. CheapEdge

Ron, this is a really great update! Small problem here though: the GT22 does follow scene changes, but does not follow preset changes. That is: I can see that, when I change e.g. from Preset X-scene 1 to Preset Y-scene 2, the main display switches to another scene, but it stays on the same...
  16. CheapEdge

MASTERMIND GT 4.1.0 FIRMWARE/EDITOR

Hi all, just found the time to upgrade my Axe to 1.15 and the GT22 to 4.1. Worked perfect! Although Ron's explanation is correct (ofcourse it is ;-) !), for the beginner that I am it contained some steps of which I did not know from the top of my head how to perform them or of which I was...
  17. CheapEdge

Ah, missed that one completely, but that explains it all indeed. Maybe Ron is planning to do this already, but my suggestion to him would be to include this explanation in the updated manual that will accompany this 4.1 release. I find this very helpful. Just a suggestion.
  18. CheapEdge

Thx Alexander! With these steps I managed to get it working. I was under the impression that everything in the Axe3 is controlled using Realtime Sysex but apparently that's not the case for the modifiers. And I forgot that on the Axe3 all CC numberd have to be assigned by yourself, no factory...
  19. CheapEdge

Thanks Ron! I've been working with the Axe with 1.14 and the GT 4.1.b2 for about a week now and it works great, except I cannot get the Mission Engineering Expression Pedal functioning. Have done that a million times with an FCB1010 and an Axe2 but here it seems to be a bit more complicated...
  20. CheapEdge

MASTERMIND GT FIRWARE/EDITOR 4.1 beta 2

BUG or Beginner's Problem? (I'm not sure ...). Device "Generic PC" cannot send CC values 8 or higher , 7 and lower values work fine. Background: I've worked with the Axe 3 on 1.14 and the GT22 on 1.4.2b for a few days now and I'm delighted with all the options and flexibility it offers...
Back