Search results

1. Alex Silberman

Mastering the Mastermind video series

Maybe an advanced vid on bidirectional MIDI with the PBC6/x would be helpful. MIDI in using the proper breakout cables, etc.
  2. Alex Silberman

Using PBC/6X and Iridium to run wet / dry

Hi all, I thought I'd share how I have my rig set up. It's probably old hat for most, but some may get some value from it. I run a Wet / Dry rig with a single Iridium, a simple passive splitter, and a single TRS to two TS cables Y cable. I take the Insert send on the PBC6/X (because it has a...
  3. Alex Silberman

Advice on options for wiring an Eventide H9.

You might want to check out the Patchulator. Pluging / unplugging things gives me the jeebies, but maybe something like this would make your life easier. https://www.boredbrainmusic.com/product/patchulator-8000/
  4. Alex Silberman

Strymon Iridium/PBC6X preset confusion

Do you have 'Send Redundant PC's' turned on or off in device settings?
  5. Alex Silberman

Strymon Iridium/PBC6X preset confusion

In my experience, there is a conflicting error somewhere. I'd do the following: 1. Start with a blank config. 2. Set up the Iridium to receive CC102 (bypass) so you can confirm the MIDI channel is working. 3. If 2 passes, set up two presets with different PC numbers and see if they work...
  6. Alex Silberman

Midi preset issue

It seems that reconfiguring ing my pedalboard is an ongoing hobby / obsession (insert smily thing here). Since I can't imagine gigging anytime ever at this point, I'm now focused on breadth rather than execution speed. Each of my preset buttons has an alternate preset so two buttons give me 4...
  7. Alex Silberman

Midi preset issue

It's absolutely an annoying issue that wasted a bunch of my time. It shouldn't be that way, but I just don't have enough hours in the day, so fixing it by swapping the presets works for the moment. If your post factory reset patches aren't working, go into the H9's MIDI mapping section and make...
  8. Alex Silberman

Midi preset issue

I have the EXACT same issue with my PBC and H9 as well. Most of my presets work fine. i send it PC1 to 10 and it works fine. I send it PC 12-20 and it works fine. I send it PC11 and it fails. I've copied working buttons and changed the PC number and nope, no cigar. In the end, I decided to move...
  9. Alex Silberman

Alternate Preset Round Robin

Thanks! At least I know I'm not crazy. Maybe add this to the wish list?
  10. Alex Silberman

Midi preset issue

The issue might be the button the preset is assigned to. Make sure you don't have any quirky settings. I'm imagining having the 'send on preset change' deselected for that one button. Just a quick thought. Good luck!
  11. Alex Silberman

Alternate Preset Round Robin

Disclaimer - Searched the forum for this topic before posting :cool:. I'm trying to set up a button to round-robin between three presets. Preset 1 has alternate preset calling for preset 2. Preset 2 has alternate preset calling for preset 3. Preset 3 has alternate preset calling for preset...
  12. Alex Silberman

Change fx order on the fly

Plus one on the ability to set an IA to reorder loops as opposed to a preset.
  13. Alex Silberman

Ipad display for PBC

outstanding!!! As a mad tinkerer myself, I love what you did with it. Well done!
  14. Alex Silberman

If..Then or Conditional Macros

It's evident that if you did it, it would be done well.
  15. Alex Silberman

If..Then or Conditional Macros

Hi Ron, This definitely falls into the asking for too much category. Is it possible to trigger a Macro under specific situations? I would love the ability to trigger Macros using another button's state. I have an IA button that engages the delay patch on my H9. I have another IA button that...
  16. Alex Silberman

MIDI to CV (expression)

Thanks for the tip. The Kenton Pro is bigger than my pedalboard ;). Although amazing in depth, it's overkill for my needs. I think it might be multimeter / Arduino time for me! Many thanks.
  17. Alex Silberman

MIDI to CV (expression)

Greetings, brothers and sisters. I'm wondering if anyone has figured out a way to use the PBC's MIDI capabilities to control a non-MIDI pedal with an expression input. I would love to somehow eliminate a dedicated expression pedal from my rig. Thanks! Alex
  18. Alex Silberman

PBC Momentary Behavior when member of a group

You're the best, thanks. That worked like a charm. I actually need the fifth button to be momentary, so I reverted to that and it worked!!!! The PBC is now PERFECTLY in sync with the H9's states. Thanks again.
  19. Alex Silberman

PBC Momentary Behavior when member of a group

Essentially I have the PBC6/X controlling different patches on an Eventide; one button per patch. Each button sends a corresponding PC and also a CC toggle so when I step on the button, effect turns on and if step again, it turns off. Four buttons work this way perfectly in a group since the H9...
Back